The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames vs Canucks 3-2 OT Loss

Hodgson!!

Also, no edler tonight. I am frankly impressed with how well we did. We lost our #1 d-man. Not easy.

It definitely opens up my eyes to what horrors would happen if Edler or Tanev went down for a long term injury. I don't even want to think about that.

Bottom line... exciting hockey. I can't wait for this Cal-Van feud to really take off. These teams f'ing hate each other! Love it. Daniel Sedin getting involved in the rough stuff was intense.

Prust seems invisible out there though. I would have liked to see more answer-back to the Sedin crap.

exactly i think people are forgetting about this Edler wasn't playing

We got a point that we did NOT deserve thanks to Ryan Miller. He completely held us in the game while the entire team collapsed around him in the 3rd. So great job and thanks for the point miller.

Agree. Defence was not very good, especially in the 3rd period. Weber, Sbisa and Bartowski are scary at time. Miller was great and kept us in the game.

What a disappointing game. :picard:

Sbisa and Weber should never be on the same team let a long play the same position.

Miller and the Sedins were the only ones to show up for a full 60 mins.

That 3rd period was atrocious! WD should've called a time out after we got hemmed in our zone for like 5 friggin minutes!

Someone needs to sit down for Virtanen... i nominate Beartschi.

I hate Calgary.

I only tuned in for the second half of the third + OT, so can't say much about what happened before that. But Hansen looked like a different player; He's always been fast and works hard in the dirty areas but I saw things in his game that I haven't seen before. That was pretty cool.

Also, I'm not going to blame Sutter on that one. Flames got really lucky the Wideman poke worked, otherwise we'd be praising Sutter for that play. Can't really blame Hamhuis either I guess, since he decided to take away the pass.

Oh well, we've started the season with 3/4 points, and against a team that most people said the Canucks would never be able to match up against this season. Our defence actually looks kinda good in game with an improved Tanev, Hutton, and Bartkowski.

MCCANN AND HORVAT GOALS WOO. THE FUTURE IS NOW. :towel::towel:

I liked our effort, fell asleep a bit in the third but oh well we got a point.

Hamhuis was not himself tonight at all. I could see he wanted to smoke Gaudreau a couple times and it cost him.

Nice to see Hutton and McCann getting rewarded. Would really like to see Virtanen soon.

Weber and Sbisa looked out of place.

Sedins looked great.

Overall loving our performance so far.

What a disappointing game. :picard:

Sbisa and Weber should never be on the same team let a long play the same position.

Miller and the Sedins were the only ones to show up for a full 60 mins.

That 3rd period was atrocious! WD should've called a time out after we got hemmed in our zone for like 5 friggin minutes!

Someone needs to sit down for Virtanen... i nominate Beartschi.

I hate Calgary.

I'd sit Vrbata before Baertschi

Archived