The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames vs Canucks 3-2 OT Loss

Hodgson!!

Still thought the Canucks were the better team (aside from finish), but now that there's been a loss, you gotta fix the problems. Vrbata isn't looking great with Horvat and Baer, and Virtanen had a huge pre-season night with them, didn't make any sense to break them up.

Edler will likely be back next game, which is good because having both Weber and Bartowski in the line-up is scary.

I would switch the lines a bit, if Vrbata isn't gonna bring it then he doesn't deserve it just based on history.

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Baer - Horvat - Virtanen

Burrows - McCann - Vrbata

Dorsett - Cracknell - Hansen

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Hutton

Sbisa - Bartkowski

Bartkowski has got to be sheltered, too, until he stops making awful pinches. He's got great speed, but that doesn't make up for the amount of chances he's created for the Flames.

McCann will come out for next game.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Baertschi-Horvat-Burrows

Prust-Sutter-Hansen

Dorsett-Cracknell-Hansen

Mccann

Quality > quantity shots. So many steals he recorded a big fat zero according to NHL.com.

One of those was an empty netter. Great, but anyone here who's not completely uncoordinated could do that as well. Look beyond the score sheet - effort was lackluster. Someone here already backed that up. And I know because I bitched about it at the time.

fine whatever keep playing the blame game because guess what i won't be doing that crap this year it's pointless

enjoy the freaking game because regardless of the effort by certain players it was a good one

The Good:

Second Line. Had a great game, dominated. Were our only bright spot in the third.

PP. Clicked! Always a good sign!

McCann. GRATZ MAN! First goal!!!

The second period. Fantastic period of hockey by the Canucks.

Miller. Stole the show.

Hutton. Solid, solid, solid. I love this kid!

Sbisa. Honestly thought he played pretty well tonight.

The Bad.

The third period. Simply awful. Calgary deserved that win, Miller single handedly held us in it. Horrible period of hockey. Needs to be 1000x better.

Hamhuis and Bartowski. Neither played well, especially Hammer. Looked lost out there.

The 4th line. Got hemmed in way too much. Had one or two alright shifts, but needed to be better. Especially Cracknell.

The Offense. Didn't do enough when it mattered, especially in the third. Though Daniel did have that glorious chance.

Good News: Hutton played well, was promoted to the top pairing and was was probably the best Canuck D tonight (although Tanev was also good).

Bad News: A young rookie D was better than all the vets, which means the D was not good. Normally I am a Hamhuis defender, but he had a bad game tonight. Weber also had a bad game. Sbisa and Bartkowski were not too bad but looked like 3rd pairing guys at best. It really hurts having Edler out with the flu.

fine whatever keep playing the blame game because guess what i won't be doing that crap this year it's pointless

enjoy the freaking game because regardless of the effort by certain players it was a good one

lol I'm not blaming him. I'm just saying I don't think that line is gelling very well. I'd give it more time, but not that much more before it needs to be changed

Top line generated good chances all night. Second line was solid and looked the most dangerous. Hutton and Tanev had a solid game. We played great in the second, but maybe a bit guilty of not a full on 60min effort. Miller was great and the main reason the game was close. We got the next one :) Id like to see:

Sedins Vrbata

Sven horvat virtanen

Burrows McCann Hansen

Prust Sutter dorset

If Vrbata doesn't work there, then put burrows back there and put Vrbata on the third with McCann.

Archived