The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames vs Canucks 3-2 OT Loss

Hodgson!!

I thought Sven looked real good and made some high end passes, he does not look out of place in our top 6

I disagree and plays die on his side because he has no fight. I think he needs some time on the third and I'm just not sure how he's been handed the spot?

I know its only game two, but I am seeing something from this team which we have lacked for some time which is speed and grit. Its been a long time since we have seen some speed from the team. Its very entertaining, specially the young guys making plays, and scoring.

Sutter fits well with the Sedins, atleast for now, who knows about after.

The second line needs some work, although Horvats goal today was great.

Third line is a good two way line and can play both offense and defense. McCann with that beauty of a goal tonight proved why deserved a shot. lets hope he can sustain his play at this level and stay with us the entire year. Burr and Hansen complement each other.

The fourth line with Dorsett and Prust is gritty although they do get hemmed in their zone for many shifts. Cracknell for me is an upgrade on Vey. Atleast the guy wins some faceoffs, which in itself is a plus for the team.

DEFENCE NEEDS WORK AND A LOT OF IT. WE DESPARATELY NEED MOBILE D-MEN. On that note Hutton has been surprising me on every shift. The calmness he exudes with the puck reminds me of Hamhuis in his prime. Hes bound to make mistakes and thats ok, thats how he will learn. But hes been a treat to watch. Tanev as always solid. Bartkowski's speed saves him. The rest need work as individuals, and the defence needs to better as a unit

The play in OT by Sutter, wasnt really a mistake. He was mistaken that he had the puck, but i guess that type of thing can happen to anyone. His reaction at the end said it all. The game was a mixture of yay's and nay's but it was entertaining to say the least. I am loving the style of the game we are playing specially in the second, speedy and we are somewhat able to break out of our zone so thats a plus. I am hoping it will only improve from here, but thats not to say we wont have bad games. That is expected.

Miller was amazing today and single handedly won us the game tonight, and was great last game as well. He will have bad games too like the rest of the team, but again its obvious we wont win 82 games, and not every game will be like the last one. I am in for the ride though.

Go Canucks Go!!

Didn't see the game. Score was close. Goals by Horvat and McCann. Second game of the season.

Not so bad.

As far as I can tell is that Vrbata may need to be moved before the trade deadline. The guy had skill to spare, but has no heart or guts to his game at all.

Not someone for the young guys to learn from.

Need to get Vrbata going. Put him with the Sedins for a few games. Also need to get Virtanen in the lineup.

This is what I think the lineup should look up in order to accomplish those 2 things:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Burrows Sutter Dorsett

Prust McCann Hansen

Next game...sit Cracknel, prust to Centre 4th with Dorset and virtanen on the wings.

If virbata pulls a no show again, reunite the kid line during the game.

Why sit Cracknell, he was the best guy on the fourth line?

Vrbata has done precious little with Horvat and Baertshi - the way he plays doesn't really complement them. They really benefit from Virtannen's speed and power driving back the defence and blowing around them on the outside - also, he is so fast and hard on the forecheck he gives other teams the willies trying to come out. He also gets right in tight to the other team's defenceman when he is trying to get out of his own zone making it tough for the defenceman to get his arms free for a clear pass. He is also one of the few players the Canucks have that goes effectively to the other team's net.

I'd like to see Vrbata back with the Sedins and Sutter play wing for McCann and Burrows. Give Prust or Dorsett a rest and give Hansen some fourth line duty. It will make us a lot more physical in an effective way.

It's interesting how everyone in CDC seems to have bipolar disorder whenever the hockey season starts.

Everyone? Name the posters that say one thing and then another the next day

Show the posts that contradict eachother

Lets see how that translates to us all

McCann will come out for next game.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Baertschi-Horvat-Burrows

Prust-Sutter-Hansen

Dorsett-Cracknell-Hansen

Mccann

.... And no way we should play bata on the top line or double shift Hanson, he's a hustler but playing on the third and 4th line????

So you actually wanted to double-shift Prust on the 3rd and 4th lines?

Archived