The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Miller Time?

Junkyard Dog

Last year through the first 25 games, he was probably our MVP. And throughout the year, he was pretty solid. Just had a few times where the team melted down and brought down this stats. People forget how bad our defense can really be.

Vezina winner, olympian, and all start not that long ago.

it's ok.. when Luongo and Miller wins.. it's a team effort... when Schneider and Lack wins.. they stood on their head and the whole team sucked.. that's just how it is in Vancouver.. good goaltenders have god like status here while great goalies half the board wants to run out of town the moment they falter.. interestingly.. Luongo after he left Vancouver have better stats than while he was in Vancouver.. playing in a much more offense happy conference..

it's ok.. when Luongo and Miller wins.. it's a team effort... when Schneider and Lack wins.. they stood on their head and the whole team sucked.. that's just how it is in Vancouver.. good goaltenders have god like status here while great goalies half the board wants to run out of town the moment they falter.. interestingly.. Luongo after he left Vancouver have better stats than while he was in Vancouver.. playing in a much more offense happy conference..

Did you see Lou tonight :D show stoppin' !

He's been a rock in all 3 games so far against two teams we have had some trouble with. He's been a big reason why we have 5/6 points.

Are we witnessing the resurgence of Ryan Miller?

Perhaps only time will tell.

What do you guys think so far?

So far so good. Miller has been the best Canucks player in the first three games. Looking like Miller of 2010. Dude had a lot on his mind last season -- baby on the way, wife in LA, new team, new goalie coach, new system. He seemed his usual calm, cerebral self through it all. No different this year, other than he's stopped most every shot that's coming his way.

I've always been a fan of Miller after he called out Patrick Kaleta for being a 13th/14th forward prima-donna. Some people call that throwing your teammate under the bus. Me, I call it showing leadership and telling crybabies on your team to zip it and put the team first and stop whining publicly.

I pointed out several times last year that he had to change his style when he came here to playing in the paint. When you do that there's always a drop in performance before settling into the new style. Some here are far to quick to claim "decline".

He was pretty dam good last year as well, but for some reason 6 shutouts and 29 wins is peanuts to most here.

His start to the season is better this year, notwithstanding that the Canucks had 3 wins at this stage last season.

He's been real good-make that real, real good. If he stays healthy and isn't worked to exhaustion (he isn't in his twenties any more) he could go on being real, real good. The tentativeness he showed last season at times, which I thought was his transition from his old style to incorporating Melanson's ideas, seems to be mostly gone.

Yes, even this old Lack defender is impressed with Miller's start this season.

I liked his save on the 2nd shooter in the SO against Anaheim last night. I'm no goaltending expert but to me it looked like he used his right leg to tease the shooter, giving him that side to shoot at before taking it away again.

You'd have to be retarded to discount his play thus far. He's been lights out. I'm not really expecting it to continue, but I'll be very glad if it does. He'll increase his eventual trade value (ideally next TD).

Miller may have gotten bunch of wins to start last season, but his numbers sucked! I remember him getting absolutely lit up in games with Edmonton and Dallas last fall. The difference between then and now is like night and day and it's awesome to see Miller in classic form.

You'd have to be retarded to discount his play thus far. He's been lights out. I'm not really expecting it to continue, but I'll be very glad if it does. He'll increase his eventual trade value (ideally next TD).

That's how goalies are. They'll have some really good stretches and some crappy ones. It all averages out. He had some crummy preseason games so it makes sense that he has had a few solid efforts. You have to take the good with the bad. He's like the antiluongo though. Even last year, he had a really good start to the season. Luongo always plays like crap at the beginning of the season. heh.

Archived