The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Miller Time?

Junkyard Dog

That's how goalies are. They'll have some really good stretches and some crappy ones. It all averages out. He had some crummy preseason games so it makes sense that he has had a few solid efforts. You have to take the good with the bad. He's like the antiluongo though. Even last year, he had a really good start to the season. Luongo always plays like crap at the beginning of the season. heh.

Well, except for this season where Luongo has been lights out so far.

Man he's been good through the first 3 games. Guess Benning knew what he was doing, keeping an elite veteran goalie over someone who has never been a number 1 (and probably never will be) even though all the experts who call themselves Canucks fans liked him better, because of his twitter abilities, and child like antics!

Man he's been good through the first 3 games. Guess Benning knew what he was doing, keeping an elite veteran goalie over someone who has never been a number 1 (and probably never will be) even though all the experts who call themselves Canucks fans liked him better, because of his twitter abilities, and child like antics!

Hey, give Lack his due credit. Carolina is definitely one of the teams in the league where Lack could easily take over as starter before the season ends.

He's certainly been playing well. And it's not just the team in front of him. Miller is very, very solid so far.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves.... we've all seen him play "just OK". Any player can have a good streak for a few games. As our #1, he's going to have to play like this most of the time. That will be increasingly difficult to do the longer Markstrom can't relieve him for a game here and there.

Miller will get the wins if he can stay healthy all season. I'm optimistic !

If it ends up the same as last year and we need to rely on our backup tendy for a stretch of games I'm not so sure we will get the same performance as lack gave us but let's cross that bridge if we have to! Way to early to say much but I do love the Canucks understated team this year. It's like their proven talent was tossed in the garbage by all the analyst.

Don't count this team out this year. !

You'd have to be retarded to discount his play thus far. He's been lights out. I'm not really expecting it to continue, but I'll be very glad if it does. He'll increase his eventual trade value (ideally next TD).

Joke of the century.

If the organization equips him with a great working environment, Miller could very well play another contract or two. Depends on where Markstrom is and so far... well that's another conversation altogether.

Joke of the century.

If the organization equips him with a great working environment, Miller could very well play another contract or two. Depends on where Markstrom is and so far... well that's another conversation altogether.

Miller is 35 and will be 36 by next year's deadline. We are a growing team that needs a goaltender who can grow with it. I can't see Miller playing for multiple contracts into his late 30s and early 40s. It's likely that he will begin to decline, so we may as well cash on him while he has value. That strategy works with the idea of a younger team and makes sense by cashing in on Miller as opposed to overpaying an aging vet.

Markstrom on the other hand is 9.5 years younger and is the perfect age to hit his prime with the team if he pans out. If he doesn't, there's a chance Demko could be ready in two or three years, though I'll admit that is pretty unlikely.

Ryan is doing a great job. Miller time is here!

These past games, credit is also due to the team defensive play and our penalty killers. It looks like Miller is getting more support (defensively) from the team compared to last year. I hope the boys can continue this great work effort.

Archived