The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Kings Oct. 13/2015 7:30PM SNV

Robongo

Their numbers were pretty equal (though one could certainly argue Miller had better support with his). That said, Miller's numbers weren't entirely indicative of his abilities in context of new team, new goalie coach, new style of play etc.

So Miller had better support but was adjusting, Lack had slightly better numbers and less support but no adjusting. Miller's likely still slightly better but is aging and on the down swing (and was coming off injury), Lack is still improving if slightly less, overall skilled. But the difference in salary could have allowed us to improve our team D even more making any difference even more of a wash.

I'd have preferred to gone with youth and better D myself given where we are in the retool. Difference in philosophy that likely amounts to a hill of beans in reality :lol:

Unfortunately, we would have the $ to improve our D but not the trade pieces. This would mean a UFA pickup, but I don't recall it there were any good ones around this summer.

Like you say, it likely amounts to a hill of beans. Right now Miller is doing what he was asked to do...keeping the game within reach for a win. If he continues to do this, it's all good. I do suspect that the players have more faith in Miller than they did with Eddie, but it is just speculation.

Unfortunately, we would have the $ to improve our D but not the trade pieces.

Not so sure I agree with this. I mean we weren't going to land Shea Weber but we have pieces that could have likely nabbed us a good, right handed #4 guy to play with Hammer IMO. Especially with many teams being so cash strapped this year.

Doesn't matter now though, what's past is past. Point still stands though, I don't recall much of anyone claiming Miller 'sucks'.

Not so sure I agree with this. I mean we weren't going to land Shea Weber but we have pieces that could have likely nabbed us a good, right handed #4 guy to play with Hammer IMO. Especially with many teams being so cash strapped this year.

Doesn't matter now though, what's past is past. Point still stands though, I don't recall much of anyone claiming Miller 'sucks'.

I think Bart fills that role nicely......he's much tougher to play against than I thought he was.

Archived