The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 3 Kings 0

Ossi Vaananen

No but you can tell he's not working out in the situation he in. You not thinking about the fact that he's a young player that still needs to earn his spot, we're not talking about a vet that has a track record that we already know what to expect from. How many games would you give him on the second line before saying the kid needs to grow farther down the lineup? 20/30/40/82?? How many and why? There is nothing wrong with the third line.

If you listened to WD's presser today ,he said that SB has a' bigger hill to climb than the other rookies because of his skill set'...I would give him as many games as possible to get him going, (unless he's completely messing up his defensive assignments)...This is a gamble,and the only way its going to pay off is to play him..This year should be about letting the kids play..IMO...If you're going to spot him on the 4th line,there's really no point in having him here at all (or even bothering with reclamation projects).

Sure enough,he could be replaced on the 2nd line by Higgins or another vet...and here we are again...the same old movie.

No but you can tell he's not working out in the situation he in. You not thinking about the fact that he's a young player that still needs to earn his spot, we're not talking about a vet that has a track record that we already know what to expect from. How many games would you give him on the second line before saying the kid needs to grow farther down the lineup? 20/30/40/82?? How many and why? There is nothing wrong with the third line.

I guess put him with the Sedins to give him some confidence is the only choice.

Also give him a game in the press box like Calgary did with Gaudreau.

I guess put him with the Sedins to give him some confidence is the only choice.

Also give him a game in the press box like Calgary did with Gaudreau.

That probably is what is going to eventually happen. 4 games in though probably is a little soon, especially considering many vets even struggle a bit at the start of the season to score. He hasn't looked bad out there, as in lost, slow, or lazy, he just hasn't yet clicked offensively. For that I'd say he gets a little more rope before his first sit-out, probably around 7-8 games. Then if still no progress, he'll probably sit a few more.

If you listened to WD's presser today ,he said that SB has a' bigger hill to climb than the other rookies because of his skill set'...I would give him as many games as possible to get him going, (unless he's completely messing up his defensive assignments)...This is a gamble,and the only way its going to pay off is to play him..This year should be about letting the kids play..IMO...If you're going to spot him on the 4th line,there's really no point in having him here at all (or even bothering with reclamation projects).

Sure enough,he could be replaced on the 2nd line by Higgins or another vet...and here we are again...the same old movie.

When did I say he should be on the 4th line? Third line, third line, third line. And higgy should be no higher then the third as well.., ;)

Archived