The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 3 Kings 0

Ossi Vaananen

Bearcheese needs to start showing some of that skill that made him a terrific Comet last season and playoffs.

As a highly-entertaining, skilled player, I'm surprised as to why it hasn't translated to the NHL level. Vey too. Both highly-entertaining, skilled players.

Oh well. I believe it will all come together by April and then we will shock everyone and win our first Stanley Cup.

The good:

Cracknell

Miller

Sedins

Burrows

Horvat

The bad:

WD

Explain yourself? If it's because Willie didn't play Jake as much as the others, give it a break already. He has 8 more games to play still. I remember Horvat played about 10 minutes per game in his rookie season too, but he made those minutes count.

MILLER. MILLER. MILLER. For Gods sake this guy DESERVES A LOT MORE RESPECT THAN HE GETS. Where are those right now who thought Miller sucks and he doesn't deserve what he earns?. I don't see any of those people right now commenting that guy needs to be traded. I don't know how else to say this but our fan base is pathetic. Miller is 23rd all time in all time wins, and he's gonna surpass the 20 mark in all time wins this year. If that doesn't get this fanbase to respect him, it is totally and utterly pathetic. He plays good games, yay , the guy has ONE bad game, just ONE, OMG I don't know why we traded Lack, Miller sucks. When they showed all time wins and Miller was #23, it made me realize just how ungrateful, like in literal sense on the word this fanbase is. THAT IS A FRIGGIN BIG DEAL. It takes more than we can ever know to be where Miller is right now, and it's a lot more than I can say for people like us, for whom, it's easy to just bash players without considering how hard they have worked and struggled get where they are at. Miller man I salute you. And I salute the Sedins for everything they have done. It's just truly sad that these guys don't get even an ounce of respect they deserve.

6eb25e48da1727d86c6f81bf2f5be0d5.jpg

Baer will sit next game. he had less ice time than Virt today. I'd leave Virt in and bring in Canner. sit Baer for a game. Rotate the 3 rookie forwards in and out with 2 playing and 1 sitting.

Can't believe we have 4 rookies on the team. And Marky Marks will be 5th. Team getting more exciting to watch, Torts was right the team was stale before. The whole team and the fan base is reinvigorated with the young blood on the team.

The only stale one was Tortorella.

I'm not complaining. Just explaining why Virtanen's ice-time might have lower than what some people expected. I though he looked pretty good out there.

1st game. Willie doesn't know what he has. He does with the veterans.

2-0 game it is probably better to not put someone in a position they're not ready for. It could crush their confidence if they made a mistake that ended up costing the team.

Even Hutton looked a bit shaky at times in the 3rd.

LA also shortened their bench for most of the 3rd.

I don't want to jinx it but Sbisa had a good game again. Again a solid team effort, but a couple of mistakes by the rookies, but that is understandable. Why Willie benched them in the third for the last 5 is understandable. Some here really need to relax about Virtanen. He will get there eventually, but for now McCann way better than Virtanen. I am really not impressed with Virtanen, since all I saw today from him was hits, which is good, but I don't see any skill from him atm. He has to get where he needs to be at otherwise 80% of the fans will be at his throat with their pitchforks ready.

1st game. Willie doesn't know what he has. He does with the veterans.

2-0 game it is probably better to not put someone in a position they're not ready for. It could crush their confidence if they made a mistake that ended up costing the team.

Even Hutton looked a bit shaky at times in the 3rd.

LA also shortened their bench for most of the 3rd.

Virt was also out on the last shift of the game protecting the SO.

It could have been the power plays and consecutive penalty kills all towards the end of the game that limited his ice time. My understanding is he doesn't do PP or PK yet.

Ya Tomlinson just mentioned that on the radio, lots of pk time in the 3rd and neither Virtanen or Baertschi play that so they had to watch

WOOO! Awesome win and that makes unbeatable on the road and still unbeatable in regulation thus far! PLUS the flames and oilers lost which is just icing on the cake. Virtanen looked great - wished we could see more of him but you can't fault WD for wanting to secure the win first. He'll get his chances. And that fourth line... it feels amazing knowing we can get contribution from them.

And last but not least: MILLER TIME. He is a rock.

:towel:

Canucks are getting much harder to play against with the guys that TL and JB are bringing in.

Can't understand the complaints about WD. He got us into the playoffs last year and the team clearly wants to win for him. Shorting the bench in the third period is as old as the hills. Why, because it works more often than not. The Sedins are getting older, we don't have a lot of secondary scoring and we don't have any Norris candidates on defense, yet the boys are still finding ways to win.

Many valuable lessons are being learned by our younger players, and they will be all the better for it. Virtanen is going to be a stud in this league, so don't get too disappointed because it all didn't happen for him in this the first game of his NHL career.

For years Edmonton has been throwing their young players to the wolves, and how has that worked out for them so far?

the way Baertschi was handling the puck tonight in all three zones, I wouldn't be surprised if he was taken out for McCann.

Guy needs confidence to play well and he really doesn't have it atm.

Ya was disappointing to see how easily he would give up the puck to avoid a hit

Archived