The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 3 Kings 0

Ossi Vaananen

Virt was also out on the last shift of the game protecting the SO.

We were up 3-0 late in the 3rd.

At that point you can afford to play your kids unless the other team starts gooning it out. I am not as worried for Virt as I am Sven though when it comes to the rough stuff.

1st game. Willie doesn't know what he has. He does with the veterans.

2-0 game it is probably better to not put someone in a position they're not ready for. It could crush their confidence if they made a mistake that ended up costing the team.

Even Hutton looked a bit shaky at times in the 3rd.

LA also shortened their bench for most of the 3rd.

WD did his job well tonight.

His game management was excellent. Dropping Burr back in with the twins. And knowing when to pull back the rookies and shorten the bench. Like has been said, he handled Bo the same way when he first came up. A+

Explain yourself? If it's because Willie didn't play Jake as much as the others, give it a break already. He has 8 more games to play still. I remember Horvat played about 10 minutes per game in his rookie season too, but he made those minutes count.

Not srs lol. Just a shot at WD for benching the kid for no reason.

In the end he won though, so not complaining.

At that point you can afford to play your kids unless the other team starts gooning it out. I am not as worried for Virt as I am Sven though when it comes to the rough stuff.

Rookies have to earn the trust of their coach, it's not handed out.

Hutton has earned it with smart responsible play. The rest of th rookies will have to do the same consistently.

The team was tired because the stars were playing 21-22 minutes a game, and the Sedins also had to block shots and throw hits.

Tortorella is/was an idiot.

His tough love way of handling the team was way off, didn't work , players definitely weren't broken up to see him leave

The Kings dont scare me anymore, they lost their clutchness when they got rid of Williams and to a lesser extent Richards.

Not once in the 3rd even when the 2 back to back penalties did i feel the game was on the line or was in doubt.

Miller is still hot i hope WD rides him till Markstrom comes back.

Hutton played great, Edler and Tanev were great, Hamhuis needs to be paired with Hutton and Bartkowski with Sbisa.

Virtanen had a solid game, good hits and shots. he should've played some more in the 3rd but thats just me.

We have 3 days rest so hopefully we continue our hot streak and get that first home win.

WD did his job well tonight.

His game management was excellent. Dropping Burr back in with the twins. And knowing when to pull back the rookies and shorten the bench. Like has been said, he handled Bo the same way when he first came up. A+

WD likes his forwards to be responsible defensively.

Horvat is a special player in the fact that he already is responsible defensively while already physically mature. Even then it took a bit for Bo to gain Willie's trust.

Don't expect Virtanen, McCann or even Baertschi to gain Willie's trust any earlier than Bo

^^ directed at peeps upset at WD.

My point was that if WD didn't trust Virt, he wouldn't have put him the game at the end with a SO on the line.

I just meant that the few people POed about his lack of ice time in the third need to relax.

Rookies have to earn the trust of their coach, it's not handed out.

Hutton has earned it with smart responsible play. The rest of th rookies will have to do the same consistently.

yeah I was getting to that.

Hutton is kind of a different animal. The last defenseman to come out of no where and play that consistent and good was Tanev.

To me, a 35 year fan, this was the classic setup for a Canucks loss. Gritty, tough win the night before, a rival coming off two really bad losses... But the boys went out there and just dominated stretches of the game. Didn't back down, didn't let off the gas. That 4th line is probably up there with the cup run 4ths (94 and 11) that were fan favorites.

You know, you could be right about that, let's see at the half way mark of the season and I agree, the boys played great!

Archived