The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Props to Prust

samurai

Didn't see no love on here for him - wonder why?

He's been excellent and can see why hab fans liked him so much. Been impressed that he's been scrapping guys to let the conference know he's the new sheriff in town as well as show his teammates he's got their backs. Been great for us!

Glad we have Prust and Dorsett, their intensity, compete, and watching their team mates back is awesome!

Me too. I've always felt Dorsett's usefulness was being wasted by sitting in the box for 5 minutes every game. Now Prust is helping getting that weight off Dorsett's shoulders.

With hindsight this was an amazing trade. Benning made the team tougher and he sent Kassian to a team where his lifestyle would not be tolerated thus giving him the least chance for success. I understand Kassian had to put himself in rehab but JB knew the reputation the Habs have for enforcing a strict code of conduct. He reasoned that sending Kassian to a team where he would have the smallest chance of succeeding would allow the greatest chance of this trade being perceived as a success.

Benning as pulling some machiavellian s*%t.

I never understood why people were mad about the trade.

So far so good with Prust, but even now it seems like we should NOT have had to throw in a draft pick when trading a younger, cheaper, more skilled guy for an older, more expensive, less skilled guy.

Obviously Zack had even more issues than the garden variety "being a pro" problems, but pre-car-crash, this trade should still have been even at worst for us. Or so it seems.

With hindsight this was an amazing trade. Benning made the team tougher and he sent Kassian to a team where his lifestyle would not be tolerated thus giving him the least chance for success. I understand Kassian had to put himself in rehab but JB knew the reputation the Habs have for enforcing a strict code of conduct. He reasoned that sending Kassian to a team where he would have the smallest chance of succeeding would allow the greatest chance of this trade being perceived as a success.

Benning as pulling some machiavellian s*%t.

I seriously hope there are no GM's in this league actively trying to ruin players careers. If anything Montreal is a good place for a player like Kassian that will hopefully make him a better professional and player.

person-in-tin-foil-hat.jpg

Archived