The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Props to Prust

samurai

A little higher cap hit for his role, giving up an extra pick in the deal, he's good but not an overwhelming standout performer in any area (speed, skill, toughness, etc.). Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of his, but for the first two aspects particularly it is a bit of a negative part of the deal, even if it does work out overall.

Are you forgetting the rest of the deal? Right now it's Prust and less drama for a fifth round pick.

Was Montreal that high on Kassian to take him even knowing that he was at Stage 1 rehab, or were they that low on Prust to get rid of him?

They were willing to take a chance on a guy that has obvious skills. They asked for the 5th in case the gamble didn't work out.

Basically the trade ended up being Prust for the 5th. Time will tell if that changes.

Prust has been a great addition to the team. Meanwhile, Montreal had to scramble to pick up Paul Byron (5'7"- 153lbs) to replace Prust. :shock:

Maybe I'm missing something, what has Prust done other than have 3 staged fights that had nothing to do with any of those games? He's looked slow.

according to a montreal scribe, prust was good at forechecking and freeing up the puck for his line mates....that skill to go with horvat's playmaker skills should translate into many goals for vrbata...

Archived