The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Support your Team!

Caknuckle Puck

Thank you to the poster who started this thread, and those who stand behind the Canucks no matter what. There are way too many so called fans who feel the need to bash and just be outright negative. You hear it on the streets, you hear in bars, restaurants, etc. The one common denominator for me is that these bashers are clearly people who do not play, and likely never have played the game. Its as if they get some self worth from being negative and trying to convince others of their negative opinions because it makes them look either bold or wiser than the rest. Im not saying obstain from critiquing the team, but if you`re calling players useless and asking for half the team to be traded, or comparing players on our team with other teams player who are in completely different circumstances, then you really are not a fan. Be proud of your players who play their hearts out for you. They are doing everything they can to win.

You misunderstood my post.

The negativity, bitching and complaining on CDC isn't going away. So when I say deal with it, it's not to put down the OP's opinion. On the contrary, I agree that the negativity on this board can be downright overwhelming at times.

So by "deal with it", I mean it from the standpoint that if the OP is going to be around CDC for any length of time, they'll have a much better experience if he/she learn's to just filter all that crap out because on a public forum, it's not going away any time soon.

Good statement.

Once you get familiar with how CDC works, you begin to understand the dynamics around here. On game day, if the team is losing you will find a crap load of members slagging off all/any player. It's a sight to be hold. If the team is winning, there's hardly a whisper from these suspects. Most of the time they don't even show up. It's a odd way to find enjoyment, but 'it's what it is.'

After awhile, you begin to know who has written a post before looking at their name, as they pretty much make the same comments/jokes all the time. This is when you learn to ignore, skip posts or just shake your head and laugh.

After the Maple Leafs won their first four games a couple of years ago, Don the Cherry went on his coach's corn-ney-er...

and declared that the Laughs Will make the playoffs... which they didn't of course.

Now Don is a Homey-Towney kind of guy who lets his heart take over for his brains now and then.

I have always supported my home-town team... but I learnt years ago to bet against them in the playoff because it was so easy to find someone like Don in British Columbia... who would gladly stay on the bandwagon no matter how much they pay for their blind devotion.

I like what Saint Benning has done and is doing. I feel for the first time in 45 years that the management really has control of things.

This management is proving every time their team steps on the ice... just how much they know the business.

No... I will never follow a Messiah, A Loved One or a Sports Team "Blindly"... I've been burnt to much... That Makes You Wise.

I Do... However... Support this version of my home-town team fully... because for the first time in years...

They Have "TRULY EARNED" My Respect!!!

I see way too many people bashing our players if they make a simple mistake, as soon as it happens we go ballistic at them. and I for one am sick of this teams attitude.

I checked the ducks facebook page after we had beaten them and no one was playing the blame game they were behind there team %100 and thats how we should be! I look at Utica Comets fanbase and I'm envious.

Today Vrbata missed a few shots and Sutter missed a pass and immediately they are useless (apparently)...

Sbisa makes a mistake and there's more than %50 of our fanbase saying something (even though we won 5-1? and put up a good effort besides that) ps. Sbisa played a sweet game today vs kings :)

I wonder why Vey had no confidence to play with his true potential.. hopefully we didn't break him.

enough is enough don't let outside media let you dictate whats good, at the end of the day we're all Canucks and we should stick by every player and let the GM that knows what he's doing do the work.

All I ask is the next time you think about saying something bad about a player it better have a VERY valid reason, and I can't even think of a valid reason for an example.

you support your team and love your team just like I do. be willing to give players a chance even if they make a small mistake.

SUPPORT YOUR TEAM MATES

SUPPORT YOUR GM/PRESEDENT

WIN HOCKEY GAMES.

#CUP

So you want everyone to get behind and support the team, but you're sick of the team's attitude? Huh?

I'll assume you meant to say fanbase instead of team.

I love the Canucks and always will. I can't ever see myself cheering for another team. I have been very guilty in the past (namely last July) of bashing Benning for the moves he made. However, my vitriol was shortsighted and utterly stupid. I realize that now, as the Lindenningjardin era of the Canucks is proving to be a very exciting and rejuvenating one.

There is a very tangible chemistry developing within the team, and a real strong tenacity that permeates the entire lineup.

I am excited for this season, however it ends up, as I believe there is a clear vision and direction that the team is heading in which will end up making them a very, very formidable force within the league within the not so distant future.

That being said, I do feel that if a player is not playing to their full potential (and in turn affecting other players who are) we as fans can comment on that. I mean, our comments are essentially passed gas that will never have any bearing on a player's performance or a coaching or management decision, so they serve a fruitless purpose of validating our own feelings (and possible shortcomings).

I like what you are saying though, and based on the truly positive tone of your email, I will do my best to fully support the team, and forgo writing posts that are derisive and negative. No guarantees though.

I support breast cancer.

waitwut

I support breasts.

yeswut

But OP, when you try and compare a message board with a handful of posters like Anaheim's to the Canucks board which currently has over 900 posters online at noon on a Wednesday (the Ducks have 33 currently), you're always going to be disappointed. Some people are critical, some are supportive, some are practical, some are measured, etc.

Where you're off base though is when you think people on a message board have any impact at all on the players and their performance. Players aren't on here taking everything to heart, reading through GDT/PGTs and wondering how they can please even the most unreasonable of fans.

So, feel free to post about most anything you see fit, but leave the creating of new threads to topics that aren't just to complain about what other posters have to say on an online message board.

How many of you everyday drones make mistakes at work? Or in life? Really???

Now put skates on and see how many more mistakes are made....

Frigging canucks "fans"

How many of us have an online message board dedicated to discussing out day to day work and/or life? Yeah, thought so.

You misunderstood my post.

The negativity, bitching and complaining on CDC isn't going away. So when I say deal with it, it's not to put down the OP's opinion. On the contrary, I agree that the negativity on this board can be downright overwhelming at times.

So by "deal with it", I mean it from the standpoint that if the OP is going to be around CDC for any length of time, they'll have a much better experience if he/she learn's to just filter all that crap out because on a public forum, it's not going away any time soon.

Sorry if I sounded mean but that wasnt the intention. But I am just frustrated by how negative people are. I know we cant have everyone supporting the team,there will always be those who will never be satisfied now matter how much the team tries. But the fact that whenever someone tries to get behind the team, they are always told thats just how it is. But why cant we tell the complainers to deal with the fact half the core will not be traded or that the GM knows what hes doing. Thats what pisses me off. Never have I ever seen in a discussion dominated by negativity, someone saying deal with it.I am not directing it at you or anything, but the fact that you brought up that phrase made me realize we never say it to the complainers, but always to the die hard supporters.

I have no problem with factual, critical comments of the team's play and management's decisions. I guess where I draw the line is when it gets personal and fans start resorting to insults and questioning of a player's character. Just remember, these guys are busting their asses every night while we observe from our couches with beer and pizza.

I have no problem with factual, critical comments of the team's play and management's decisions. I guess where I draw the line is when it gets personal and fans start resorting to insults and questioning of a player's character. Just remember, these guys are busting their asses every night while we observe from our couches with beer and pizza.

Yep, making the NHL is no easy task, staying in the NHL is probably even harder. It always amazes me how consistent and mistake free they can be most nights. Fans attack over a Canuck giveaway but I doubt they attack the opposition player who gave one up so a Canuck could score. Sports would be pretty bloody boring if it was all mistake free.

Supporting the team and analyzing players and performance are two different things of course. Many here are very detailed in how they analyze players and that can come across as negative sometimes.It doesn't mean they aren't supportive. Of course, there are also some that just complain about everything but most active users know who those are and generally ignore them.

But you can never dismiss the jealousy factor... most people who bitch about others, are only trying to build themselves up... but what tactic do they usually they use... Ignorance and Arrogance seems to be the first thing they run to, when it comes to making their points...

Which...

When United...

Is the biggest pile of Horse-Sloop you'll ever have the joy to swim in...

But Come On... You got to laugh about it... Because Never forget... Bitching Is All They Ever Do.

So let's go back and see just who was panning this team before a puck was even dropped in earnest.

The Miller haters - check.

The Sbisa haters - check

The Prust haters - check

The Bartowski critics - check

The Cracknell critics - check

Then there are the regular:

Trade Burrows moaners

Trade Hansen moaners

Trade Hamhuis moaners

Sedins are too old.

Lately added

Vrbata

JB

Willie

Nearly a whole team and the coach are slated on these boards before the season even started. Many of us are sick of it. If we want to talk up players, or the coach why shouldn't we?

There is such a large bunch of negative posters on here it was becoming poisonous before the season started and it will all be back from the same posters after a couple of losses.

Were's that "Minor League Willie" sig idiot now by the way, It seems he melted away with the trading of Kassian.

For every Desiboy there is an apollo.

Well not really.. Yeah there are a lot more negative people then there are positive IMO.

There are a bunch of ridiculously optimistic people however.

You got beer and pizza? &^@#, I'm coming to your place. I'm eating stewed tomatoes from a can.

Archived