The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

First Coach to get Canned this year?

HC20.0

New Season, new possibilities, new management changes for some teams! Every year coaches get fired, so here's your chance to predict who will get the axe first and when it will happen! Bragging rights are on the line.

I'm going with Julien at around the 10 game mark. The Bruins have looked just disorganized so far.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sutter "step down" and letting Stevens coach.

I wouldn't think Lombardi would "fire" him, it would probably be a mutual decision. I thought Sutter's been wanting to retire for a while now? It's why they never let teams talk to Stevens..

Sutter or Julien.

At least Julien has the injury excuse. Kings have looked flatter than Kate Moss on a coke bender. (Whichever King supplied the coke is irrelevant.)

Julien also has the excuse of a much worse lineup as compared to the Kings.

I hope neither of them get fired if these results continue. :lol:

Sutter. After stories about the team locking him out of the room late last season and this abysmal start. Could be soon

I could see Sutter getting canned if LA misses the playoffs, but the guy's won two Cups in LA...if the Kings stay in the hunt I think it'd be hard to let him go.

If the Kings are sitting in 13th 35 games in, that's a different story.

I'd have to go with Mike Johnston (PIT). So much talent on a team and so much under-achieving.

TOR - Babcock is going nowhere, just started

CGY - Hartley is going anywhere, last year was good

EDM - McLellan is a new coach, he's not going anywhere

LA - Sutter might step down, but getting fired seems unlikely - see his 2 cups

BOS - Julien - the changing of the guard never happens in Boston.

From wikipedia:

Claude Julien (born April 23, 1960) is Canadian former professional ice hockey player and the current head coach of the Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League (NHL).[1] He is the longest tenured head coach currently in the NHL.

Archived