The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks To Introduce Individual Goal Songs

CanucksFan95

Why is it that we can't hear it on TV? I usually can make out other team's goalsong no problem.

It's usually the networks that can dampen the levels of background noise during the goal celebrations. So it's not Rogers Arena's fault, it's Rogers Sportsnet (the actual company haha). I would like to hear it better during the replays too

Not sure I like that Sutter chose Nashville's goal song. When they score I think they play a clip with McGraw in a Predators jersey and he even made a special edition for them so it feels a bit weird that another NHL team uses that song. Would have preferred something more unique and not so associated to another team.

I wonder if any songs were nixed by management. Does anyone know how copyright laws work? All the artist are ripping into Donald Trump for using their music, does Canucks have to pay some sort of fee to the artist?

I don't know how the laws work but I'm sure they have it covered. I think the whole "ripping into Trump" thing has more to do with his politics than anything. Most musicians are left leaning and anti-authoritarian, so they would have more of a problem with a politician (especially a Republican) using their song for political gain.

Not surprised at all that Daniel recycled Clutch, for all their artistry on the ice they don't exactly seem like the type to express themselves through music haha.

If I were a player and catchy/upbeat/annoying were the goal I would go with this:

Archived