The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks To Introduce Individual Goal Songs

CanucksFan95

This has pretty much turned into an "I like this music, so that's would should be played" thread.

We really have no idea what the players tastes in music are. Could be anything.

When I first heard this idea, I was kind of opposed to it, now that I've read a bit of this thread, I hate it even more. Songs proposed in this thread are just flat out bad ideas. There is nothing worse then an 'aggressive, angry' song in a family oriented hockey game. In addition, the high paying seasons ticket holders who take their families/children to games will complain about any, even slightly offensive music and it will be changed, as it always is and has been. After everyone is done complaining to Canucks head office, they will eventually scrape this idea as it will become a headache in addition to failing to promoting unity for the audience. All in all it will be a mess and this entire idea will be hauled out to the back ally, shot, and thrown in the dumpster, just like Mike Gillis' '7th man' gimmick. Just a horrible idea and I can't wait for it to go away.

Two things....

Number 1: The players will be choosing the songs, with the exception of Vrbata. None of the songs proposed here are likely, as it is up to the players. Furthermore, it would be pretty idiotic to think that whatever songs the players chose, as well as the song selected for Vrbata, wouldn't be screened.

Number 2: How is this any different than the canned music between whistles? Why would people complain about goal songs, but not the songs between whistles?

They're trying to inject some life and personality into Rogers Arena during hockey games. Isn't that something we've been bitching about for years now?

Stop being such a fuddy-duddy.

The second verse of Back to Back freestyle

Semi-joking but I would like more hip hop to be played at Rogers Arena. It's what we listened to in the dressing room playing hockey growing up and it's what a lot of NHL teams listen to, I'm sure. That's kind of what I like about this idea, it brings real dressing room pump up music out into the arena. Sure closed-minded old people might not like it but it's better than hearing some Katy Perry or yet another generic bouncy "indie" (use this term loosely) rock song.

If Vrbata is kind enough to let the fans choose, then why not return the favour and pick something from his home country? I got the idea from some of these:

http://www.skoda-hockey.com/en/fan-facts/fan-support/hockey-songs-for-true-fans?

Kabát - Brousíme nože

If not this, then I can imagine there are some great Czech songs. Something with an easy chant in another language could be a lot of fun for both the fans and players.

People, Hurricane's Eye by Jesse Roper is going to win if we don't do something. Head over here: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=783025&navid=DL|VAN|home and join me in flagging every pro Hurricane's Eye comment. Also, comment that it is spamming garbage!

While you're at it, head over to his YouTube video here:

and "dislike" it.

That would just give him more views. lol.

I think the song is horrendous in general and it has absolutely no business being a goal song. This guy must be pretty full of himself to suggest this song of his.

People, Hurricane's Eye by Jesse Roper is going to win if we don't do something. Head over here: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=783025&navid=DL|VAN|home and join me in flagging every pro Hurricane's Eye comment. Also, comment that it is spamming garbage!

While you're at it, head over to his YouTube video here:

and "dislike" it.

I actually don't mind it, but it shouldn't be a goal song.

The 4 finalists have been chosen. I really like Haunt You, but unfortunately it looks like "How do you like me now" is going to win. It isn't a bad song by any means, but I think The Pack's song would have more of an energy in the building and its simplicity would allow fans to sing along. It's also very taunting which I love.

The 4 finalists have been chosen. I really like Haunt You, but unfortunately it looks like "How do you like me now" is going to win. It isn't a bad song by any means, but I think The Pack's song would have more of an energy in the building and its simplicity would allow fans to sing along. It's also very taunting which I love.

I picked Led Zeppelin. Wish there was a little more diversity among the choices.

I don't mind Haunt You, but there is no chance in hell that fans would sing along to it. It's hard enough to get fans to chant along to songs that are a common goal song. Can you imagine expecting a fanbase to chant during a goal song that is for one particular player? Not going to happen.

Songs like Song 2 by Blur, Dynamite by Taio Cruz and Rock'n Roll Part 2 are the type of songs with one word to chant that are easy for crowd participation.

I don't mind Haunt You, but there is no chance in hell that fans would sing along to it. It's hard enough to get fans to chant along to songs that are a common goal song. Can you imagine expecting a fanbase to chant during a goal song that is for one particular player? Not going to happen.

Songs like Song 2 by Blur, Dynamite by Taio Cruz and Rock'n Roll Part 2 are the type of songs with one word to chant that are easy for crowd participation.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Haunt You seems like a fairly easy song to sing along to and I can definitely see it working along the lines of Chelsea's Dagger. It has that same easy to follow lyrics that aren't complicated and taunts the opponents which makes fans want to make it even more taunting. Am I saying it will happen? No, there's no guarantee, but it's the best of the four to have a chance at the fans joining in by far.

Only song worth voting for is Zepp the rest are like nails on a chalk board. Man somebody needs to redo this whole thing lol

Why wouldnt they just ask him what song he wants when he scores ?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Haunt You seems like a fairly easy song to sing along to and I can definitely see it working along the lines of Chelsea's Dagger. It has that same easy to follow lyrics that aren't complicated and taunts the opponents which makes fans want to make it even more taunting. Am I saying it will happen? No, there's no guarantee, but it's the best of the four to have a chance at the fans joining in by far.

But it's only going to be for one player. You need repetition for these types of things to kick in and it has to be a really famous song for fans to recognize. I don't mind it, but it just won't happen.

Archived