The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is the best interview on the Canucks?

smokes

Well Bieksa is the best of all time. Some of his HNIC afterhours were better than SNL.

Lack had lots of charisma. Current roster Burrows can be animated and be funny.

Remember they are literally coached what to say to the press. So most are going to just keep it light.

Who do you think gives the best interviews on the Canucks?

My choice would be Miller, to me he always has a good analysis on the games he plays and when you listen to him talk about plays it seems like he remembers every little thing about the game. One of the smartest speakers I have heard in hockey.

Miller certainly gives the most analytical and intellectual interviews. I always learn something from his interviews.

No criticism intended of other players but most interviews are some combination of "play a simple game", "play the right way", "they're are a good team [the opponents]", just trying to help the team, main thing is to get the win, nice play by [teammate's name goes here] and a few other currently popular cliches.

Bieksa was a natural -- one of the few guys who is genuinely funny in interviews. I think the Canucks did the right thing by trading him but I always liked him and wish him the best in Anaheim.

Archived