The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion: Baertschi losing favour with Willie

Sedintwinpowersactivate

Why must a coach's line-up options always become a personal slight on an individual players talents?

If you consider the mere "FACT" that different teams need to be Handled in a Different Ways... you might understand the term... "Adjustments" ....

If you remain ignorant... then change will always unsettle you... Be Brave...

Learn to Evolve Like The Canucks are Doing.

It's a grown ass man's league, build your own confidence by scoring, not WD's job to stroke ego's.

Any player who hopes to get all their confidence from a coach patting their back and saying it will be alright, should hang up the skates.

Horvat, Hutton, McCann, and Virtanen are all shining examples of players who supply their own drive and commitment to their play. Baertschi needs to pull his head out of his ass and realize that this is probably his last chance at a real NHL spot. If he's going to shy away from the physicality, he's useless.

Baertschi was always the odd man out UNLESS he proved himself, and he hasn't.

So when Higgins comes back, I expect Baertschi to sit a few games and then maybe get 1-2 games here and there (like Kassian last year). But it's a tough hole to dig yourself out of.

If he has any inclination to end up with a contract next year he better play his ass off on Friday.

Sven has to learn...hopefully,he will get it....There's still plenty of hockey to go..I dont want to be too harsh over the play of rookies,you have to be patient.

So Higgins takes a spot from a Canuck rookie..!...Is this what were in for again?...Watching the same old vets lose in the first round again..This season,I'm willing to live the rookie learning curve ,..let the kids play.

Are we just learning what Cgy already found out years ago?

Tired of these failed reclamation projects, certainly, esp. when it's costing us good picks.

Hopefully some other projects work though and we maintain mediocrity for years to come. Yay.

/lol

If the bottom actually does fall out of Baertschi, that would be bailing on Baertschi, Vey and Kassian in pretty quick succession.

May as well just fail with our own prospects, Jensen-style and avoid the paperwork.

There isn't a somewhat ready NHL prospect out there that isn't creaming themselves at the opportunity Baertschi has been given. I mean going from AHL depth to being traded and given top 6 and 2nd PP opportunity out of the gate is massive. I would hope that Beartschi can pull it together, maybe this benching wakes him up.

The line rushes this morning were:

Sedin Sedin Sutter

Prust Horvat Vrbata

Burrows McCann Hansen

Dorsett Cracknell Virtanen

So as a result Prust lands on the 2nd line. Granted he's earned it, with 3 fights and 3 assists in only 4 games, but his upside seems limited. I think we'll see McCann get a shot on the 2nd PP in place of Baertschi.

St. Louis is so fracked. I wonder if Backes is going to act like a total ass again and try to jump Daniel after the Blues lose again. Hopefully Prust is on the ice and rearranges his face.

All very well to speak about youngsters confidence... But WD has a job to do, and that is to win games. Not babysit youngsters egos. If they are good enough they'll play...but they need to show the hunger in every game. No passengers...

St. Louis is so fracked. I wonder if Backes is going to act like a total ass again and try to jump Daniel after the Blues lose again. Hopefully Prust is on the ice and rearranges his face.

Backes always does that then hide behind a reff beaking off, biggest fake tough guy in the league.

There isn't a somewhat ready NHL prospect out there that isn't creaming themselves at the opportunity Baertschi has been given. I mean going from AHL depth to being traded and given top 6 and 2nd PP opportunity out of the gate is massive. I would hope that Beartschi can pull it together, maybe this benching wakes him up.

The line rushes this morning were:

Sedin Sedin Sutter

Prust Horvat Vrbata

Burrows McCann Hansen

Dorsett Cracknell Virtanen

So as a result Prust lands on the 2nd line. Granted he's earned it, with 3 fights and 3 assists in only 4 games, but his upside seems limited. I think we'll see McCann get a shot on the 2nd PP in place of Baertschi.

Looks like solid "safe" lines. Think we could be getting a more offensive group out there for the second line but we have responsible players on all lines.

Good to see virt and McCann on the ice at the same time.

he just turned 23 folks but he lets just give up on him and say he is a bust just like every other young player this board claimed to be a bust and turned out to be a decent NHL player

This isn't an afterschool special, Dragonfruits! It's the NHL!

I don't think Baersthci (tired of spelling his name right) gives two tuppany &^@#s about what the CDC thinks of him. Maybe being sat sends the right message. Oh and Horvat, Hutton, McCann, and Virtanen are all younger than him and are in the lineup, so what's your point exactly?.

Archived