The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lamar Odom on life support

nux4lyfe

Lamar Odom on life support; 911 call alleges cocaine use
Published October 15, 2015
101515_dotcom_overdose_1280.jpg?ve=1&tl=

Lamar Odom remains on life support at a Las Vegas hospital, as a 911 call released late Wednesday shed some light on Odom's condition when he was found face down in a room at a legal brothel on Tuesday.

“All I know is that he’s like close to not breathing,” a woman speaking to a 911 dispatcher revealed.

A man on the call adds later, “Somebody just came up to me and told me that he apparently had some cocaine on him that… he did this on Saturday.”

Click here to listen to the 911 tape

When the 911 operator instructs the callers to turn Odom on to his left side, the male caller describes the scene.

“He’s got some kind of white stuff coming out of his mouth… a bunch of white stuff coming out of his nose too.”

The 911 call also cleared up rumors regarding sexual enhancement supplements that Odom is said to have consumed.

“[He took] Reload, two-hour strong sexual performance enhancer for men,” the male 911 caller is heard saying as he reads the label of the supplement to the operator. “This is some sort of packaged supplement, and they said he’s taken a bunch of these so he has done that.”

Dennis Hof, the owner of the Love Ranch brothel where Odom was found, told FOX411 on Wednesday that the basketball-player-turned-reality-star was “foaming at the mouth” and had blood coming out of his nose and mouth when he was found by two female employees at the brothel he’d been staying at for four days.

PHOTOS: Inside Lamar Odom's Vegas room

The Sunrise Hospital, where Odom is being treated, did not return FOX411’s request for comment on his condition.

The former NBA player’s father, as well as his estranged wife Khloe Kardashian and his two children from a previous relationship were by his side. His sisters-in-law Kim Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, and mother-in-law Kris Jenner were all photographed arriving at the hospital as well, though they have since gone back to Los Angeles.

According to multiple media reports, Khloe Kardashian has been making medical decisions for Odom, as the two are still legally married, though they both signed their divorce papers in a July. Their divorce is awaiting final approval from a judge.

Kim Kardashian reportedly canceled her baby shower, which was schedule for this weekend, due to Odom's condition.

Some members of the normally social-media-active family has stayed silent on Twitter, Instagram and other platforms, since news of Odom’s hospitalization broke.

However, Kendall Jenner—Khloe Kardashian’s half-sister—cryptically tweeted on Wednesday “please don’t go.”

Kardashian family matriarch Kris Jenner broke her silence late Wednesday by posting a photo on Instagram of Odom and asking for prayers.

Her typically media adverse son Robert Kardashian followed suit and shared a photo embracing Odom.

On Thursday, Kylie Jenner chimed in.

Meanwhile, Wednesday afternoon E! network opted to air a “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” mini-marathon, showcasing recent episodes in which Khloe Kardashian expresses her concern for her estranged husband.

In one of the reruns aired on Wednesday, she reveals, “Lamar and I loved each other deeply, and I don’t believe in acting like that relationship never happened. Things happened, but that doesn’t just stop me from caring about him or loving him… I’m still, no matter what, his friend, and I care to see if he is alive for the day.”

E! sent a statement to FOX411 yesterday regarding Odom’s condition.

“Lamar Odom appeared on several seasons of ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians,’ as well as two seasons of his own series ‘Khloé & Lamar.’ We are saddened to hear of his condition, and are sending out thoughts and prayers for his recovery.”

The Associated Press contributed to this repor

Tragic is all I can say.

Tragic is all I can say.

People throw around that word too lightly these days...

I hope he pulls through, but the reality is this is a millionaire athlete overdosing in a brothel. Tragedy doesn't really come to mind for me. Sorry if I'm in the minority here.

I hope he pulls through, but the reality is this is a millionaire athlete overdosing in a brothel. Tragedy doesn't really come to mind for me. Sorry if I'm in the minority here.

Tragic in a a sense that he had his life set out for him, I look at the bigger picture, soon as he met that skank Khole his life started getting out of control..just an opinion but relationships gone bad can destroy a person..I've been there , just glad I didn't jump off the deep end.

He has had a very turbulent life. A lot of deaths in his family, even as an adult. If this is how it ends, his life will most certainly be a tragedy.

He has had a very turbulent life. A lot of deaths in his family, even as an adult. If this is how it ends, his life will most certainly be a tragedy.

Lots of people have hard lives. The choice is still yours for how you want to live.

If this was a suicide, yes I would say it was tragic.

To me it sounds like an entitled athlete partying too hard and having a 4 day sex binge.

Lots of people have hard lives. The choice is still yours for how you want to live.

To me it sounds like an entitled athlete partying too hard and having a 4 day sex binge.

What a way to go, out with a bang.

I was about to post about this He's been through a hell of a lot and he's a damn nice person. It really sucks that he spiraled out of control. There will always be those that mock people that turn to drugs and be addicted, but then you actually have to look at the reasons for why some people are turning to these substances/activities. It is to escape their pain. Lamar Odom has gone through a hell of a lot of pain his whole life. I am not trying to make excuse for him at all as we all cope with things differently, but he's had a tough life and he has a hell of a lot of money. It's quite easy to see how this could be a very dangerous combination. I feel really bad for him.

Based on rumours, it seems like he's pretty much screwed either way. Some reports saying that he has had multiple strokes, multiple organs failing, on kidney dialysis, etc.

There is much more to this than just partying, but whatever lets you sleep better at night. There have been lots of reports of depression, etc. He's had lots of family and friends pass away. You can tell he totally hates the spotlight that TMZ shines on him. They even have a youtube title that is just a straight-up lie about lamar.

He has had a hard life though. This is true. What has he done? Oh, only played in the nba and won championships. An insanely gifted basketball player and someone that cares for others, but all that happens is people close to him take advantage of him. He is very troubled. This isn't just some doorknob like patrick kane going out and partying for fun. This is someone trying to escape their mind because they are miserable. Even if you go and watch some of his interviews you can tell that something is not right.

Oh yea, do you have some inside information you wanna share?

nope, don't need to be an insider for this. Just because someone's rich, doesn't mean they don't have mental health issues. There is plenty of information about his personal life on the internet. It doesn't take much to find it.

Here's one from a few months ago: http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/07/01/lamar-odom-suicide-depressed-friends-died-drug-overdose/Talking about his two close friends that passed away quite recently. Then there is the splitting up with Khloe and the amount of publicity he had to deal with while being on that show. Some people can deal with it well and some can't.

nope, don't need to be an insider for this. Just because someone's rich, doesn't mean they don't have mental health issues. There is plenty of information about his personal life on the internet. It doesn't take much to find it.

Here's one from a few months ago: http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/07/01/lamar-odom-suicide-depressed-friends-died-drug-overdose/Talking about his two close friends that passed away quite recently. Then there is the splitting up with Khloe and the amount of publicity he had to deal with while being on that show. Some people can deal with it well and some can't.

Yes, it has been established people have sad things happen to them in life.

You still have a choice of how to deal with those things.

You're assuming he had mental health issues, which has never been established. Like I said, if this was a suicide attempt, it would be tragic. From everything that has been revealed, it does not appear to be.

Tragic in a a sense that he had his life set out for him, I look at the bigger picture, soon as he met that skank Khole his life started getting out of control..just an opinion but relationships gone bad can destroy a person..I've been there , just glad I didn't jump off the deep end.

There is no bigger picture than the universal truth.

"No one is powerless, no one is blameless."

Archived