Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Scientist injects himself with 3.5million year old bacteria. Claims he will live forever.


Recommended Posts

If you want to live for more than 150 years and want to have sex. This might be the solution.

Chemist Anatoli Brouchkov says he has taken on superhuman abilities since giving himself a dose of the 3.5-million-year-old bacteria.

The microscopic organisms, which were discovered in the Siberian permafrost, began their lives a million years before the first human beings evolved.

Some scientists believe that their ability to regenerate cells could hold the key to a raft of miracle cures, even including one for death itself.

Dr Brouchkov, the head of the Geocryology Department at Moscow State University, first injected himself with the bacteria two years ago.

He claims he has not had flu since, and that he has also been able to work harder and longer without getting tired.

He said: "I started to work longer, I've never had a flu for the last two years.

"After successful experiments on mice and fruit flies, I thought it would be interesting to try the inactivated bacterial culture.

"If we can find how the bacteria stays alive we probably would be able to find a tool to extend our own lives."

The bacteria, named Bacillus F, has remained alive in permafrost for millions of years.

It was discovered by Dr Brouchkov in 2009. He claims trace amounts of it can be found in Siberia's tap water supplies, which he says could explain why people from the region live longer lives.

Scientists have already experimented on animals with the bacteria, with results showing it has miracle properties which can boost fertility.

In one test female mice injected with Bacillus F were able to have babies after their reproductive processes had shut down. In another, the bacteria appeared to help plants heal themselves.

Epidemiologist Dr Viktor Chernyavsky called the discovery of the bacteria a "scientific sensation", adding that it could probe to be the "elixir of life".

He said: "The bacteria gives out biologically active substances throughout its life, which activates the immune status of experimental animals

More in article: http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/609210/Russian-scientist-Anatoli-Brouchkov-bacteria-eternal-life

Either he's right or we'll have a zombie apocalypse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe we start a list of people we want to inject?

Well that list would depend on whether it works or not.

Would anyone here inject themselves with it if there was a 10% chance it would kill you in 5 years but a 90% chance you'd live 100 more years?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...