The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's with the Vrbata hate?

CanucksJay

I don't hate Vrbata, but he's just a paycheque player. He plays to the edges of his comfort zone but no farther. He's never been on a winner and never produced in the playoffs. He'll be gone within a year and figures none in the Canucks future. He's boring and I have no interest in him or his style of play. As someone said earlier, he doesn't fit here. The Sedins preferring to not have him on their line is very telling.

But I don't hate him.

Vrbata is like that old villain guy in the Scooby-Doo cartoons that gets nabbed at the end of each episode: "I would've led the team in goals again if it wasn't for you meddling kids!"

Of course, it's only 4 games in, LOTS of hockey left. The team has changed a lot since last season, new guys brought in at forward (Virtanen, Baertschi, McCann, Sutter, Cracknell, Prust) - half their offence. The lines have changed, the team chemistry has changed. I'll give it 10 games for Vrbata to settle down, find his game and start producing. I do hope he has a great year, would help in getting a good return at the deadline.

We need to put Vrbata back on the first line with the Sedins; Edler and Tanev on defense for our 1st line(s).

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Virtanen-Horvat-Baertschi

Burrows-McCann-Hansen

Dorsett-Sutter-Cracknell

Prust

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Hutton

Sbisa-Bartowski

Weber

Miller

Markstrom

Vrbata is obviously more effective with the Sedins.

People's been hating Vrbata since last playoffs saying that he didn't show up to score goals.

But anyway, the hate is unfounded, Vrbata is awesome and skillful. We got our money's worth by signing him; and when we trade away him this year, the picks and prospects coming back will be juicy.

So the hate is pretty stupid and unnecessary. Just be classy.

I don't think people are hating on V. But I think it has been unfair criticism. No, he hasn't scored yet. But we have to remember he has lost his linemates from last season (Bonino, Higgins). He didn't have a chance to work with consistent linemates during preseason, and he still hasn't developed chemistry with any linemates yet.

I like V with Burrows and Horvat. They could be a very good line... a combination of speed, skill, and effort. Burrows and Horvat can get V the puck, and V can finish, as he has shown in the past. I don't believe he has suddenly lost it. It's just a matter of time with consistent linemates.

I don't like V with the Sedins. They need a fast, relentless forechecker on their line... which V isn't. Leave Sutter with them.

Vrbata's situation reminds me of what happened to Higgins in 2013-2014, where he was snake bitten for about 12 games. He was throwing pucks on net, but has no luck. It wasn't until the game in Philly where he took a quick pass from Henrik from behind the net and snuck it in. Higgins find his groove from there. I'm sure Vrbata will find his groove similarly against the oil. I'm not concerned.

People's been hating Vrbata since last playoffs saying that he didn't show up to score goals.

But anyway, the hate is unfounded, Vrbata is awesome and skillful. We got our money's worth by signing him; and when we trade away him this year, the picks and prospects coming back will be juicy.

So the hate is pretty stupid and unnecessary. Just be classy.

Unless he starts putting some pucks in the net we won't get a bag of beans for him.

Archived