The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pizza shop caught delivering alcohol in pizza boxes

Armada

image.jpg

An Edmonton pizza shop was shut down for a day after police investigators learned it was selling alcohol after-hours, under the guise of a pizza delivery service.

Police say 240 cans of beer and 100 bottles of spirits were found inside pizza boxes and brown paper bags at an unlicensed restaurant on 97 Street and 118 Avenue.

“We estimated about $4,000 of street value for the booze. If we did a quick approximation, it’s about $1800-$1900 worth of booze so they're more than doubling profits of illegal sales of alcohol,” said EPS Sgt. Curtis Hoople.

The restaurant was shut down for one day and four employees were issued a provincial summons under the Gaming and Liquor Act. The courts will decide on any further penalties.

The investigation began last month after northwest community beat officers received a tip.

Police are not naming the business involved but suspect the illegal activity has been going on for a few years.

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/pizza-shop-caught-delivering-booze-in-boxes-1.2613848

Very clever.

I remember a Chinese food place that got shut down for selling 8 balls of cocaine in their "special" chow main back in the day.

and I'm always late to the party. If so many people want booze after hours maybe the government should look into capitalizing keep liquor stores open 24/7 but between the hours of 11-7 double all prices. Win win.

We get our after hours booze legally at a cheaper price then most bootleggers.

and I'm always late to the party. If so many people want booze after hours maybe the government should look into capitalizing keep liquor stores open 24/7 but between the hours of 11-7 double all prices. Win win.

We get our after hours booze legally at a cheaper price then most bootleggers.

I think it was more aimed at underage drinkers than just after hours.

I work for a delivery service that delivers booze (and anything else) all the time.. We cant be open after 11pm because we cant deliver alchohol after hours.. I assume that is why this was shut down..

but yet there are delivery services that deliver booze pretty much all hours of the night without getting shut down. Or at least there used to be. Been a few years since I've tried to order a case of beer at 4am, LOL!

There was a Chinese place in Calgary shut down years back for using road kill, and calling it chicken. :)

That's just disgusting. Even if it was in Kentucky that doesn't make it any better. Gotta wonder what goes undetected. I'm sure we all have some sort of horror stories about what we've seen done in restaurants.

Archived