The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat play is being dragged down by Vrbata

desiboynux4lifee*******

Whether you blame Vrbata or not, the line doesn't work. In fact I think Baertschi was better there because he could at least feed Vrbata the puck. In the end though, the kid line should be given a chance, but old Willy in his wisdom likes Prust and Dorsett as second liners. Wait for second line Higgins to make his return.

Yes, this game, that line played poorly, but the whole team was pretty bad for about 50 mins. As a line itself, Vrbata has one of the highest shot total in the league so it isn't like they are completely out of sync. They are still generating chances. If one or two of those post shots goes in the other day, it's a different story.

Willie will mix it up eventually. I think Bo needs a guy like Virtanen on his wing all season to get in hard on the forecheck, crash and bang, and create chances. Even Dorsett would be better on his wing. Vrbata is a one trick pony, never wanting to get in the dirty areas to retrieve the puck as he's always hovering around the half boards looking for a pass to fire a shot from outside.

We need Vrbata to score 20+ goals by the trade deadline because:

A. It's his job to score goals

B. Trade him for at least a 1st (hopefully not because playoffs)

He was always producing when with the Sedins.

Vrbata SCORES!!! "How do you like me now!? How do you like me now!?"

When will hear it? Make it next game please!

ive been saying this since game one

it not just sven, even after sven got bumped down that line has look not so great. It's Vbrata . I honestly think he’s hurting Horvat’s offence. As good as Vbrata’s shot is, he doesn’t have the work ethic or the vision to build chemistry with. All he does is shoot, and shoot from everywhere, without any perception of what other options are available. He’s similar to Kesler, head down wrist shot. No coincidence that kesler and any other canucks rookies never gelled either. Those types of players need relentless fore checkers and players that crash and bang in front of the net, Like Burrows, I think they should put, Higgin, Sutter, Vbrata together when Higgins is back. Vbrata shouldn't be playing with rookies.

It's not that Vbrata isn't good. He's just not an easy play to build chemistry with. He is a pure sniper, his main focus is on getting his shot off. Put a player like higgins and sutter with him, They can work in the corners and bang in the garbage goals.

Horvat and Baertschi have shown chemistry, put them together along with a player that is relentless on the forecheck. Someone like Hansen, or Jake

Last year Horvat was playing well because he had guys who fought board battles; so far this year Horvat has had one goal on a powerplay against Calgary, other then that him and Vrbata have been struggling and the reason is simple, Vrbata is one damn Lazy player! The guy doesn't win puck battles he stands in the corner waiting to shoot the puck, honestly Willie just play him with the Sedins because the 2nd line is being affected from Vrbata's poor play!

Don't matter where you play him, if its not with the Sedins or on the powerplay; Vrbata is pretty much useless on this team. Saw it in last years playoffs and now seeing it again, seems like Vrbata got extra lazy this year. Wow please keep him away from Horvat's line because Horvat needs guys who can help him fore-check! I understand snipers need to get open but why not fore-check a bit more?

Oh oh...I fear the end times are near. I actually agree with some of wut desi is saying.

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Burrows-McCann-Vrbata

Dorsett/Prust-Cracknell-Hansen

Alterbate dors and prust. No need for both.

This is the line that needs to be tried in the reg season but WD is a chicken... He's afraid, verrrry afraid. He's afraid to even try it once because if they work he'd feel responsible to keep trying it and he's deathly afraid to have a line of first and second year players.

Last year Horvat was playing well because he had guys who fought board battles; so far this year Horvat has had one goal on a powerplay against Calgary, other then that him and Vrbata have been struggling and the reason is simple, Vrbata is one damn Lazy player! The guy doesn't win puck battles he stands in the corner waiting to shoot the puck, honestly Willie just play him with the Sedins because the 2nd line is being affected from Vrbata's poor play!

Don't matter where you play him, if its not with the Sedins or on the powerplay; Vrbata is pretty much useless on this team. Saw it in last years playoffs and now seeing it again, seems like Vrbata got extra lazy this year. Wow please keep him away from Horvat's line because Horvat needs guys who can help him fore-check! I understand snipers need to get open but why not fore-check a bit more?

Yea, lets chastise the guy who lead our team in goals last year. We are 5 games in! Also, who won the game against the Ducks the other night? Pretty sure it was Vrby's sick hands (along with Millers wicked poke). Let the dude get into the groove.

Vrbata looks so dejected when he shoots wide. Hope he pots one soon. He's been making smart plays, and smooth line changes (confusion with Hamhuis aside), but he just can't buy a goal right now.

Edit:

It's only been 5 games, though.

Vrbata is in a slump he'll work out of it. But I like the idea of having him with McCann instead of Horvat (gets him a playmaker passer instead of Horvat's possession style).

.. and JB and Trev should sit down with Vrbata to keep him in the loop of their plans for him going forward (not knowing might be messing with his head).maybe Vrbata wants to stay and not be traded?

Archived