The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat play is being dragged down by Vrbata

desiboynux4lifee*******

First of all, Vrbata is one damn good player. And he's not lazy... Yes, he's in a slump, but all players go through that once in a while.

What bothers me is that the chemistry of Vrbata and Horvat isn't there. So it doesn't matter if Vrbata gets a couple of goals or not. That line is never gonna work as I see it. And it's not because Vrbata is bad, or Horvat. Some players just don't "click".

Please WD, do something about this. Make both player better by putting them in other lines.

Why not try the kid line again. For at least a period!? And Vrbata with McCann and Burr.

Just do something.

And by the way... I do understand that we need to get the Sedin's going in PP. But as it is right now, it's more important to get VANCOUVER going in the PP, so stir it up and change the PP formation!!! Once it's up and running, you can go back if you desperately want the Sedin's to score.

That's my five cents... or ten ;-)

OMG did I miss it??? So Sbisa is out and Vrbata is the new whipping boy? Personally speaking I am not a least bit worried about Vrbata. Better than average players get on slumps all the time but they do pull out of it, Vrbata is too good a player to really worry about. I do however would love to have two second lines though. 1 first, 2 seconds and a fourth line. Sedin-Sedin-Sutter Burrows-McCann-Vrbata Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen Dorsett-Cracknell-Prust

It's still early.. Vrbata was great last season, and I feel like he's a little unlucky - he has a killer shot and we gotta give him a chance to settle in. He's got 2 linemates he's never played with, and 2 new defenceman as well.

Even if he does get traded at deadline - he didn't cost us anything but cap space. Let's not run him out of town just yet, its a long season and 4 games could see you singing his praises.

Last year Horvat was playing well because he had guys who fought board battles; so far this year Horvat has had one goal on a powerplay against Calgary, other then that him and Vrbata have been struggling and the reason is simple, Vrbata is one damn Lazy player! The guy doesn't win puck battles he stands in the corner waiting to shoot the puck, honestly Willie just play him with the Sedins because the 2nd line is being affected from Vrbata's poor play!

Don't matter where you play him, if its not with the Sedins or on the powerplay; Vrbata is pretty much useless on this team. Saw it in last years playoffs and now seeing it again, seems like Vrbata got extra lazy this year. Wow please keep him away from Horvat's line because Horvat needs guys who can help him fore-check! I understand snipers need to get open but why not fore-check a bit more?

dude vrbata isn't the problem, he is getting chances they just aren't going in. I still think he will get 25 this year. You can't complain and say horvat is being drug down by vrbata. They gave the second year player arguably the top winger on the team to play with. They might not end up together though, so you may be right about that part of it. I think they will give the horvat, virtanen and bartchi another look. They looked drool worthy together in that albeit preseason game. Seemed like they are all friends off the ice from what jake told me in the summer. Could transfer onto the ice.

I don't understand why they don't go back to Vrby with the twins for at least a game or even a couple periods.

yep... That's the only questionable move/non move willieD has made. Get vrbata going with the sedins for a few games then once vrbata is feeling it you can interchange him, Sutter and burrows.

VBRATA'S PLAY BEING DRAGGED DOWN BY HORVAT. See how easy that was.

Neither are playing well. However one is failing to convert chances and the other just has no "zip" Compare Horvat on the puck and checking back last season and look at him this season, especially against the Blues and it's almost like he is carrying an injury. I don't know if he put on weight over the summer but if he did he is just not carrying it that well.

It is early days for both and frankly the whole team looked like they were the ones playing 2 in 2.

Rogers just doesn't generate any energy compared to other crowds, they want a lead before they become even interested. They are the away team's extra man.

Vrbata is just snake bitten right now that line would be considered great with plenty of points by all 3 players if Vrbata buries a couple chances

don't worry he is probably gone at the trade deadline so we can look forward to that

cross our fingers to land a conditional 7th at this point

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Burrows-McCann-Vrbata

Dorsett/Prust-Cracknell-Hansen

Alterbate dors and prust. No need for both.

Switch lines 2 and 3. No need to put pressure on the kid line.

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter

Burrows-McCann-Vrbata

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Dorsett/Prust-Cracknell-Hansen

Play Prust and Dorsett against big, bad teams.

It's still early.. Vrbata was great last season, and I feel like he's a little unlucky - he has a killer shot and we gotta give him a chance to settle in. He's got 2 linemates he's never played with, and 2 new defenceman as well.

Even if he does get traded at deadline - he didn't cost us anything but cap space. Let's not run him out of town just yet, its a long season and 4 games could see you singing his praises.

This..watch Vrbata go on a goal scoring streak and most of these posters will evaporate.

i think the twins and vrbata should be reunited.

Put mccann and virtanen together or virtanen with horvat and bearcheese.

I also wouldnt be against at some point if virtanen sticks past the 9 games if he gets a legit shot to play with the twins

Too early to make any assessments. Chemistry sometimes takes time as players familiarize themselves with one another.

I'm not throwing Vrby in the junk pile yet. He has potential to score, something we lack at times. Formulating opinions in October? Just too soon. People get a win or two and feel the need to criticize at the first sign of a loss.

I do think that every player needs to get in and get dirty out there...grind it out vs stand around waiting for a pretty play. So, in that regard, yes....you can't wait for the puck you have to get in and dig for it.

But we are so bipolar in a love-hate fest here. I tend to try and ride the wave and take the bad with the good as I wait to see what develops. St. Louis is a tough team, give credit where it's due...they, at least, get some credit for making it tough out there.

And a good player can't be dragged down...they make things happen (for themselves).

it is too early to tell, but Coach Willie D seems to have only given bearcheese 4 games before he saw enough, and lowered his icetime in every game since the opener.

Players are going to take a while, they will make mistakes, especially our younger players new to the league, we must let them make those mistakes and continue to tap them on the shoulder to get back out their and show them that we believe in them, its all part of learning and growing up in the nhl

it is too early to tell, but Coach Willie D seems to have only given bearcheese 4 games before he saw enough, and lowered his icetime in every game since the opener.

Players are going to take a while, they will make mistakes, especially our younger players new to the league, we must let them make those mistakes and continue to tap them on the shoulder to get back out their and show them that we believe in them, its all part of learning and growing up in the nhl

I don't disagree with this (at all). I guess it's part of sending initial messages about expectations to set the tone for young guys...and yes, that should be consistently applied, you're right.

Yea, lets chastise the guy who lead our team in goals last year. We are 5 games in! Also, who won the game against the Ducks the other night? Pretty sure it was Vrby's sick hands (along with Millers wicked poke). Let the dude get into the groove.

Should have read the comments first....this is how I feel. "let the dude..."

Horvat is playing badly on his own, no need to make excuses for him.

Maybe he should be put back on the third line and Sutter should take over as second line center. That's how I pictured it going from the beginning.

I think we can question the combination of Horvat with Vrbata but the bigger question is whether Horvat is ready for the 2nd line. Is he in the best position to develop right now? He may be their 2nd best centre but develop him because he could be the #1 in time.

Why not use Sutter in the role that he was brought in for. Create a match-up / shut down 2nd line.

Vrbata is a pure sniper, there's not a lot of give and take or fore check with him.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Burrows/Higgins Sutter Hansen

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Dorsett Cracknell Prust

In half a year, Horvat may be ready and you can flip the 2nd and 3rd lines.

For now, there would be the added advantage of being able to put the B-H-V line together.

Hopefully Bo Horvat isn't falling victim to a sophomore slump. He is facing a lot tought competition so far this season and that usually reflects in a drop in statistical output. But he's playing well, and that's all we can expect.

Eventually the points will come. I have a feeling it will all come together by playoff time and then we'll go on a long run.

Hopefully Bo Horvat isn't falling victim to a sophomore slump. He is facing a lot tought competition so far this season and that usually reflects in a drop in statistical output. But he's playing well, and that's all we can expect.

Eventually the points will come. I have a feeling it will all come together by playoff time and then we'll go on a long run.

You've clearly been taking your meds.

Archived