The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What the critics don't see

scratchmb

I come here because this is a hockey site. You know, where people discuss hockey related things. Mostly about the Canucks.

So when I see posts that don't contain players names or stats, then I know not to waist my time reading it.

So by your measure the value in a post is directly measured by it's volume. Sorry, but that doesn't pass the smell test for me- a mountain of crape is still crape. And I'm sorry if short forum posting using handheld devices doesn't measure up to your literary tastes, but like you said, you and your "real people" don't have to soil yourselves by reading it. What condescending twaddle.

Crape, as in the anglicized version of the word crepe. (sorry, I am not in bilingual mode so no character over the middle e) Now, tell me, what the hell are you moaning and whining about. Who is exactly condescending who? Public forum is a right, what and how I present or address my position is a narrative expressing that very right. Then you come along and debase it to $&!#e? Who asked you to step in with you smell-o-meter? Not I. You are damn right I have literary tastes and standards, and you fall well beneath any credibility. So, you can take your handheld device............ah forget it, your not worth the insult.

I come here because this is a hockey site. You know, where people discuss hockey related things. Mostly about the Canucks.

So when I see posts that don't contain players names or stats, then I know not to waist my time reading it.

No problem appleboy, we can do hockey. Although statistics are fine and dandy if you collect trading cards, play fantasy hockey, or spend hours data inputting on a spreadsheet. I certainly won't deny your enjoyment. You are 100% correct, this is a hockey site, and I do get around to the topic once I sort out the brain dead and the numbskulls, we'll get down to the real serious talk show discussions without commercial interuptions, but I'm not you statistics addict. Yes, there was a time, back when I was addicted to trading cards, and bought the damn things by the crate load just to hoard the valuable inserts. Jinx, by the time I hit the trade shows, the freakin' cards were a dime a dozen. I was sore at the mecca magazing of trading cards, Beckett magazine. I kept a few rare items that I made great strides to purchase, and the rest, fancy inserts and all made a glorious bonfire. Sure, I know, someone is gonna say, "Man that was really dumb, some of those cards could be really hot now." Nope not the case, the market was ripe and the card manufactures over produced and sold the dream. I still glance through the odd Beckett to confirm my dismay, but all I got left is some really old not quite mint cards. Fair value but for me, memorabila. As for those who say those cards could be really hot, well they were as they went up in flames. The bonus was all the cash I seem instantly have like a miracle. Nope, no miracle, just no longer spending it on an obsession that turned out to be a faux pas.

Archived