The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time to trade for a top defenceman ?

falcons

When was the last time a team traded a top defenceman? Seriously, the last one I can think of on the top of my head was Pronger and he wanted out himself.

Top defenceman aren't traded easily unless the particular team is lucky enough to have a few top D-men. If we want that top D-man we have to draft them and be patient and wait for them to fully develop...it sucks but that's the way it's done these days.

bouwm is a 32 yr old leftie. NO

he's not a difference maker. Rather re sign hamhuis.

Really? cuz I'd rather have Bouwmeester, much better skater and Hamhuis has looked like he could use a change in scenery for 2 years now.

Yeah.

I used the opportunity to make responses with gifs and vids.

Got me +1's :emot-parrot:

Gotcha. Good thinking.

kGxQF2j.jpg

Jesus.gif

Rather go for Pietroangelo than that charmin d man.

haha me too I was just trying to be reasonable about who they would be willing to part with. Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk probably won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

When was the last time a team traded a top defenceman? Seriously, the last one I can think of on the top of my head was Pronger and he wanted out himself.

Top defenceman aren't traded easily unless the particular team is lucky enough to have a few top D-men. If we want that top D-man we have to draft them and be patient and wait for them to fully develop...it sucks but that's the way it's done these days.

Yandle is pretty top.

Forsling, Garrison, Clendenning, Bieksa too

Archived