The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Tyson Barrie suspended 3 games

I'd like to see this group's justification for the Rome's SC-Final suspension, even now - using their current criteria...and that incident happened well before all of the training-videos and all of anti-hits-to-the-head-preachings that would come after the DPS was even formed?

While we are at it maybe we can ask Jim Benning to justify the Ballard trade.

"Bent over in an athletic position"...best part of the whole video.

Many years ago I remember Ben Johnson admitting at the Dubin inquiry that his doctor had him drop his drawers, bend over and injected him with a milky white substance. honest to Allah you can't make this stuff up. Rofl.

I'd like to see this group's justification for Rome's SC-Final suspension, even now - using their current criteria...and that incident happened well before all the training-videos and all of the anti-hits-to-the-head-preachings that came as the DPS was formed? 

While we are at it maybe we can ask Jim Benning to justify the Ballard trade.

LOL. The point is...if the current DPS were to judge the Rome-hit on par/or even less egregious than this Barrie-hit, now, ...at a time when the bar has been mega-raised on the issue, ...and both players were 1st time offenders - without history, one infraction taking place during the regular season & the other during the SC-FInal with far more serious implications for him & his team....it just goes to show us how heavy the punishment really was that a lone biased-Bostonian wolf like Brian Burke (with conflicted-interests) counselled then interrim-sherriff Mike Murphy to levy upon Rome at the time.

Yah sure -  there's this element of comparing apples to oranges,...each infraction is it's own entity, ..I get that - but I still whole-heartedly agree with those pundits, some even from the eastern media, who called the Rome suspension completely heavy-handed and extremely surprising - when we can now see how this sort of incident should or could have been assessed.  

Just wanting to kick a little more dirt on Burkie's shoes....where ever and when ever I can. ;)

Archived