The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Feedback and Bugs

-SN-

I think someone mentioned this too - the 'About me' page should be the first page that shows up when clicking on a member's profile, then the other two feeds.

It is for me, but I've seen the screenshots where other profiles don't show it first.

I still miss the old setup for the My Content page, where it didn't just list your posts or topics (or the last few threads you've been watching), but listed the threads you'd posted in by the order they had had recent posts. I didn't have to follow threads or get notifications that way, it was just a list of threads I could go look in to follow the conversations I was having.

I'm not a fan of the auto-double spacing either when you hit enter (although it'd be ok if you could single space when you wanted too).

• making a list
  • is the only way
  • to single space
  • otherwise

EDIT: and good to see the quote works, I'll have to test the multiquote later too.

Edited by elvis15

So much white. Everywhere. The grey isn't dark enough to split things up, such as quotes, and members name/info on the side tab by their post.

Not a fan of where the quote button is and it blends in with the members' post, but I'm sure I'll just get use to it.

I'm not a fan of the auto-double spacing either when you hit enter (although it'd be ok if you could single space when you wanted too).
  • making a list
  • is the only way
  • to single space
  • otherwise

EDIT: and good to see the quote works, I'll have to test the multiquote later too.

I actually like the auto-double spacing. It formats it better. Before, some people wouldn't double space between the quoted post and their post making both posts too close to each other. Actually, you can have singe-spaced posts, that is, if you have a long post that turns into a paragraph, the whole post will be single-spaced. Every time you press "Enter", it is automatically double-spaced.

One thing I dislike about the spacing, why are there random white spaces in some of the quoted posts?

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-

FYI hit shift+enter to single space. 

Also, I think double spacing will stay. It's a standard in these editors, and once you get used to single spacing with shift+enter it's easier. 

Edited by StealthNuck

1. It seems like we can view profile of banned members now. How will we be able to tell who is banned and who is not?

2. Also, I like how we can access older threads now, and not just threads from two years ago to present. But for the very old threads, the date is messed up. It says the thread was created on '31 Dec 1969' for all threads, and am unable to access those threads as I get the message: "Sorry, there is a problem There are no posts to show  Error code: 2F173/L".

Working for me now. Good stuff Stealth and team. Unless I missed something I can't reply to specific posts, or threads at all, on my mobile though.

Agree with requests to see join date under the avatar. Makes judgement more... stealthly. 

And hearts? Give me a break. Lose 'em. You can start with the devil horns hand at bare minimum and maybe we can split the difference somewhere.

Edited by Green Building
Also, why do we have to visit someones profile to respond to status? Like others, I'd rather not.

I actually like the auto-double spacing. It formats it better. Before, some people wouldn't double space between the quoted post and their post making both posts too close to each other. Actually, you can have singe-spaced posts, that is, if you have a long post that turns into a paragraph, the whole post will be single-spaced. Every time you press "Enter", it is automatically double-spaced.

One thing I dislike about the spacing, why are there random white spaces in some of the quoted posts?

Some people don't do that for everywhere there should be spacing, and I actually like not having the whitespace between the quote and the post if it's not necessary. Everyone has their preference though.

On the topic of the spacing, it really makes it difficult as I post my CDC Fantasy Hockey rosters in my About Me page, and it makes it a hassle to stroll through and just looks awful.

Yeah, there's times where I'd definitely like it single spaced between lines.

FYI hit shift+enter to single space. 

Also, I think double spacing will stay. It's a standard in these editors, and once you get used to single spacing with shift+enter it's easier. 

Well then, there we go.
I used that in the past to create a new line in a quote (where it'd otherwise go outside the quote). I can certainly do that where I need to and keep the double spacing.

Looks sharp! Working better now but still slow for me I think. 

I don't think the double shifting is good for cellphone users. We don't have a shift key tthat's easily accessible. But oh well... Depends what platform most your users are on. 

Also the skin and presentation looks amazing on mobile but it's not optimized for mobile use if you ask me. Too much extra to scroll around. I like it for sure, but sometimes you get tired of scrolling. 

WWould it be possible to add a that old skin back that we had for mobile? Just as an option. 

I don't think the double shifting is good for cellphone users. We don't have a shift key that's easily accessible. But oh well... Depends what platform most your users are on.

I agree apollo, I've found it very difficult to make any posts look presentable on mobile due to the spacing. It's a real faff. I've also found that loading times for mobile continue to be exceptionally long.

• -SN- unfeatured this topic