The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Feedback and Bugs

-SN-

1. What happened to the 'display name history' option?

2. The total amount of users online isn't showing at the bottom of the page, in each thread, forum or on the main page.

3. If a member is signed in anonymously, it does not make sense to have the date listed under 'Last visited'. Very misleading. Instead, it should be made 'Private'.

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-
  • Upvote 1

this thread will show you that some images now have a border around them. Just curious if there is any way to avoid this. The file types of images that do and don't are the exact same so I am not sure that it is a matter of file types or something completely different. 

Also, deleting single msgs in pm threads seems to be impossible (sorry if this has been answered, I scanned the thread and may have missed it), and half of the text editing options disappear when your browser window is not maximized at the time of clicking reply. 

Edited by Drewismyname

I seem to have trouble quoting people in threads. It takes a few times for it to actually quote, it usually just takes me down to the empty box. I've tried hitting the quote button to open it in a new tab, but that doesn't seem to help.

I'm using Chrome.

It would be great if we can drag and drop images in the 'reply to this topic' window. Not sure about other browsers, but I'm using FireFox. I was able to do it before the board upgrade.

I agree. Until this is fixed, there is a workaround. Copy and paste the image.

Drag and dropping was definitely easier and it would be great if it was enabled again. 

As far as I can tell join date has been removed as an option with the base board software. The only way to implement it again would be to use a plugin. I'm not sure with a board with this many users and performance issues already it's wise to add any plugins into the mix for something like that.

So join date AND three quarters of individual members post counts gone.......that's disappointing unfortunately .  Sure, there would be glitches converting but....  any chance either of these would return to previous standing?  

• Upvote 1

So join date AND three quarters of individual members post counts gone.......that's disappointing unfortunately .  Sure, there would be glitches converting but....  any chance either of these would return to previous standing?  

This kinda bothered me too, been here since 06 and had several thousand posts, now I'm...  This. 

But thanks for the name change, feels much more clean 

Edited by shayster007
It's better

The join date isn't gone, it just doesn't display next to your name. shayster I can see that you joined 5 May 2006 by hovering over your name.

I guess on mobile you'd need to click through to the profile though.

Correct. Putting it back in it's previous location is not an option though without a plugin.

The join date isn't gone, it just doesn't display next to your name. shayster I can see that you joined 5 May 2006 by hovering over your name.

I guess on mobile you'd need to click through to the profile though.

oh cool, still old school. Bummed I lost my 4k posts though, not sure why I'm under 200 now

The major issues I'm having are with mobile though there are a few others

- The automatic double spacing on a new line, unless you guys know how to fix that in a setting

- lack of time stamp on older posts

- the lack of 'last read post' on mobile

- no list of who is currently viewing the topic

- on mobile the typing is super glitchy. Sometimes there is no automatic period after two spaces, no automatic capitalization afterwards or on a new line, and the spellcheck doesn't work properly

• Upvote 1

The major issues I'm having are with mobile though there are a few others

- The automatic double spacing on a new line, unless you guys know how to fix that in a setting

- lack of time stamp on older posts

- the lack of 'last read post' on mobile

- no list of who is currently viewing the topic

- on mobile the typing is super glitchy. Sometimes there is no automatic period after two spaces, no automatic capitalization afterwards or on a new line, and the spellcheck doesn't work properly

Typing is horrendous for me. Maybe it's optimized for newer phones? I have an s5 and it's always glitching and very frustrated. The auto correct doesn't work properly, and the worst of all... 50% of the time it doesn't let me type more than a letter or two and I gotta keep pressing enter and back space till it fixes.

Double space, there's no shift key on a mobile keyboard or at least not on mine. 

Also the browsing uses more data because it's not simple like the old mobile skin. Generally there's too much on the mobile sskin and you have to scroll way more than u had to before on the mobile app. 

I hate complaining but it would be fantastic if we had a mobile app.  I'm personally aalways using mobile. 

Typing is horrendous for me. Maybe it's optimized for newer phones? I have an s5 and it's always glitching and very frustrated. The auto correct doesn't work properly, and the worst of all... 50% of the time it doesn't let me type more than a letter or two and I gotta keep pressing enter and back space till it fixes.

Double space, there's no shift key on a mobile keyboard or at least not on mine. 

Also the browsing uses more data because it's not simple like the old mobile skin. Generally there's too much on the mobile sskin and you have to scroll way more than u had to before on the mobile app. 

I hate complaining but it would be fantastic if we had a mobile app.  I'm personally aalways using mobile. 

There's been a mobile app for a very long time and it's still there...lol.

When I'm about to make a reply, and others have made new posts in the thread, but I never refreshed the page to see the new posts. Then, when I actually hit 'Submit Reply', the whole thread doesn't refresh and my post is below the the non-recent post.

For example, if Person A made the most recent post in a thread and is viewing the thread, and then Person B makes a reply, while Person A didn't refresh the page, and Person A makes a reply and hits 'Submit Reply', it will show that Person A made two consecutive posts and it won't show Person B's post.