The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is wrong with Sidney Crosby?

The title says it all.. My fantasy team is struggling, I know its only 5-6 games in but ZERO points and only 8 shots on goal in 5 games....

I haven't watched any Pens games, so I'm not sure if he is just snake bitten but getting lots of chances kind of like Radim, or is he just struggling? Kessel brought over his Leafs sickness... It is good for the NHL when Crosby is on top of his game.

Dunno he doesn't look like his usual self out there. Him, Kessel, and Kunitz all look so out of sync it's kind of crazy. I could put together a highlight pack of the number of times they've turned over the puck, fallen down, mishandled the puck, etc it's borderline ridiculous. Him and Kessel are having a really hard time building chemistry.

He'll be fine though. They play Florida tonight. Just watch he'll get like 4 points or something. With a few games he can all of a sudden be back at the top of scoring in the league.

After a great summer, he and Nathan MacKinnon planned on opening up a Tim Horton's in Springhill, N.S... But Nathan wasn't completed ready for that kind of commitment and thought they should wait, at least until the season is over...

Crosby hasn't really been able to get over it.. I hear they sleep in separate rooms now.

It's ironic though.. Sidney is the one struggling, but it is Nathan's heart that's not in it...

I've seen a few games and I notice that he's not being selfish enough and looking for Kessel too much. First couple games he had no shots on goal at all and he's only recently started being assertive in taking pucks to the net. He'll get out of it sooner than later.

Nothing is wrong with him lol.....other than perhaps not having great chemistry yet with Kessel. As was already said he will be fine and likely have a few multi point games before you know it and be hovering around the scoring lead.

I heard that Crosby was worrying about setting up Kessel and not playing like he usually does, not sure how true it is but just a thought.

And Robongo post the exact same thing just before me...

I haven't watched him play at all this season but that shot count is really odd. Even if the team is struggling he usually takes things upon himself and carries them himself. Even last season as good as he was it was still an off year compared to his usual domination. 

Archived