The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Value of) Madison Bowey

Mr.53

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool if you think Vrbata would fetch you Bowey lol seriously, you think Capitals didn't watch the playoffs last year and see Vrbata hiding from physical play?

:rolleyes: Vrbata had 4 points in 6 playoff games...

his job is to score goals not grind players down on the fourth line

:rolleyes: Vrbata had 4 points in 6 playoff games...

his job is to score goals not grind players down on the fourth line

and he was a -2, this is going no where lol we are not getting Bowey for Vrbata moving along

and yeah he has been a minus playoff performer his whole career, go look at his numbers on Pheniox. again capitals are not drunk to give up Bowey for Vrbata

my Proposal was Vrbata and Weber (who had 10 goals last year) and add maybe a 3rd line prospect (where we are deep)

Regardless we are in a position to wait it out til deadline day. Which is the stronger route to go. Heck if we wait our price might go up for our guys if and when they perform. (like I know they will)

This is what you'd guys give up for Bowey?

I have watched him play in kelowna for a few seasons now, game in and out.  Guys a stud no question.  But seriously...come on.  He's still a raw prospect, he's still never played outside of the CHL for any serious amount of time and you'd be gutting the team's prospects just to pick up a maybe.

You look at any of those packages and add a surefire vet or eat some cap and you're looking at Pitts or Anaheims top D prospects as a return, not Bowey.  And even then I think some analysts would question the intelligence of giving up so much for a possibility

Many maybes for 1 maybe is still only a possibility

I agree it's an overpayment. Generally I like to overpay a bit in my proposals, so then you can lessen the price if too much. Find out the worth first and what he actually could be had at. And yes, he is still a prospect. But when it comes to Defence, we are are so bare, especially on the right side. (We have Subban and Neill, and that's really it.) Bowey, when it comes to defensmen, may be a top 10 prospect if not higher. Shinkaruk is great, but he's no top 10 prospect at a position we need. It's an overpayment admittedly, but I would rather overpay and have Bowey on the backend for years to come, then focus on future drafts to fill the gaps, than not having him.

Having that stabalizing, Hutton on the left, and Bowey on the right would stabalize our future defensive core with Edler-Tanev, Hutton-Bowey. I think Bowey has legitimate top 2 potential which is rare to find. That would be huge for us, as it would any team. I don't know how open Caps are to trading him, if they are, we have to turn heads over him. They're trength in prospect depth is the defence, weakest at wings, especially lefties if I'm not mistaken. Maybe a mix of Vrbata, Shinkaruk, Jensen, or a pick could pull him out. Probably not, but maybe. I mean this is the franchise that did trade Filip Forsberg

Young guys still in the system

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Gaunce McCann Boeser

Kenins Cassels Grenier

Hutton - Bowey

Brisebois - Subban

That is a good future core to build around. 

Also, something I literally just considered. If the Caps are in the cup race, and Baertschi picks up his level of play, given if we are not, he could be a piece that intrigues them rather than Shinkaruk who is less NHL ready.

forget bowey, well i would love to have him but

2016 deadline:

vrbata for 1st (-5 mill)

Burrows for 2nd (-4.5 mill)

higgins for 2nd/3rd (-2.5 mill)

Prust for 3rd (-2.5mill)

Sbisa - waived or whatever we can get in deadline/off season (-3.36mill)

Bartowski not resigned (-1.5mill)

Weber not resign (-1.5 mill)

= 20.36 mill out ( 7 players out)

Summer 2016

Ladd 6.5 mill

Bfuglyien 7 mill

J schultz 4.5 mill ( right sided d man)

18 mill 3 players in

Sedin Sedin Sutter

Ladd Horvat Virtanen

Beartschi McCann Hansen

Gaunce Cassels Dorsette

Edler Byfuglien

Hamhuis Tanev

Hutton Schultz

Boomhouwer!!!!!!

I think waiting til the trade deadline works better for both teams to see where everyone is at playoff wise, a team on the upswing ready to make a deep run needs a bit of everything.And where we are, roster wise, is really balanced/spread out and where we may have a set of components to trade for a top tier defensive (young) prospect.

How would you guys feel about a package for Theodore instead? I think he would be much easier, but still difficult to pry away from the Ducks.

I'd go for Theodore for sure. The Ducks need a shakeup, and whether they want Vbrata or Hamhuis, we could build a deal around one of those veterans and Theodore. Maybe we throw in a C-grade prospect like Grenier as well, or a pick.

I'd do Vbrata + Grenier for Theodore straight up in a heart-beat. Not sure if Anaheim would but they need scoring help desperately. Maybe Vbrata + Shinkaruk for Theodore + 2nd rounder.

Then we trade/lose Hamhuis in the off-season, sign a UFA right handed defenceman and our D is a lot younger, faster and up to today's NHL standards.

Edler - UFA (Byfuglien/Yandle etc.)

Hutton - Tanev

Theodore - Sbisa

Bartkowski

forget bowey, well i would love to have him but

2016 deadline:

vrbata for 1st (-5 mill)

Burrows for 2nd (-4.5 mill)

higgins for 2nd/3rd (-2.5 mill)

Prust for 3rd (-2.5mill)

Sbisa - waived or whatever we can get in deadline/off season (-3.36mill)

Bartowski not resigned (-1.5mill)

Weber not resign (-1.5 mill)

= 20.36 mill out ( 7 players out)

Summer 2016

Ladd 6.5 mill

Bfuglyien 7 mill

J schultz 4.5 mill ( right sided d man)

18 mill 3 players in

Sedin Sedin Sutter

Ladd Horvat Virtanen

Beartschi McCann Hansen

Gaunce Cassels Dorsette

Edler Byfuglien

Hamhuis Tanev

Hutton Schultz

Boomhouwer!!!!!!

Why would you get rid of Sbisa for Frat boy Schultz? at least Sbisa can hit Frat boy is the epitome of soft. Schultz skates away anytime his mates get into trouble..gutless.

I'd go for Theodore for sure. The Ducks need a shakeup, and whether they want Vbrata or Hamhuis, we could build a deal around one of those veterans and Theodore. Maybe we throw in a C-grade prospect like Grenier as well, or a pick.

I'd do Vbrata + Grenier for Theodore straight up in a heart-beat. Not sure if Anaheim would but they need scoring help desperately. Maybe Vbrata + Shinkaruk for Theodore + 2nd rounder.

Then we trade/lose Hamhuis in the off-season, sign a UFA right handed defenceman and our D is a lot younger, faster and up to today's NHL standards.

Edler - UFA (Byfuglien/Yandle etc.)

Hutton - Tanev

Theodore - Sbisa

Bartkowski

I agree, the Ducks need a shakeup. They might be more inclined to make a trade like this now as opposed to the deadline. However, we do NOT throw in Shinkaurik. If they are desperate enough, Vrbata/Hamhuis + a 2nd in 2016 could do it. Even if they aren't, we throw in Higgins. A package of Hamhuis + Higgins + 2nd round pick 2016 should do it.

Also, why are we so high on signing a an aging, declining defenseman like Byfuglien/Yandle? I agree, we need another top-4 defenseman, but why are we throwing 6-7+ million at one?

Archived