The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Robin Hood Mods?

RUPERTKBD

So I log in today and I see a few status updates where people are saying that their post counts have dropped dramatically. I look at mine and sure enough, it's about half of what it used to be. (I've also gone from a "Hall of Famer" back to a "Franchise Player".)

Looking at a few other status updates, I see people talking about how their post counts have risen dramatically.

So how about it Stealth? Deb? Having you been robbing from the rich to give to the poor?:unsure: 

Why do people care?  Honestly this is just a forum, some of you take it a little too far.  I only view and post on my downtime at work, and I really couldn't care less about something trivial as a user's post count.  When people post stuff like ' omg what should I write for my 5000th post' I can't help but to shake my head.  If mods want to fix something, fix the mobile version because it is unusable.

THE CURIOSITY IS KILLING ME

LOL

I don't think post count matters, but what I do look at is post count/rep ratio. If a poster's PC/R ratio is really high, they usually have been here a while or make quality posts (with the exception of Kaz cause somehow I know they arent all legit, his ratio is like .5 [really high]). Mine was shot below 0.2 which is pretty piss poor...although I'm not saying I'm perfect.

Below 0.2 is probably a sh*tposter or troll, or newbie

Anything between 0.2-0.33 would be your average poster

0.34-0.49 would be a reputable poster, or a vet

0.5+ usually involve decade old accounts or mods (or rep farmers)

It's kind of a hierarchy in my mind I made up.

Why do people care?  Honestly this is just a forum, some of you take it a little too far.  I only view and post on my downtime at work, and I really couldn't care less about something trivial as a user's post count.  When people post stuff like ' omg what should I write for my 5000th post' I can't help but to shake my head.  If mods want to fix something, fix the mobile version because it is unusable.

I care not so much as to the amount or that it's tracked at all but as to the why.

It's in my DNA, I'm an Unix admin /IT professional, obviously something happened and whether it was planned or something is broken I like to know.

I've just lost about 3,100 posts off of my count. Would be nice to know why.

Cause the mods know you touch yourself at night, and in the day, and every chance you get really. Seriously get another hobby, just having the one is not good mentally. 

I think I may know what has happened.

If archived or otherwise deleted threads and posts dont count anymore, it would make sense the long term users saw decline.

Blog posts, image gallery uploads and status updates now count as posts, hence why some of the newer users see an increase.

Read SN's posts in the Feedback and Bugs thread.

I'm not sure if that explains some of the 2k or 3k increases we are seeing, but it's a theory.

I think I may know what has happened.

If archived or otherwise deleted threads and posts dont count anymore, it would make sense the long term users saw decline.

I think the archiving is why I saw a decrease of around 2,000 and others saw decreases as well. Still, I'd hope that they wouldn't actually affect the post count. Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to program, but then, I'm not a programmer.

Archived