The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver 3-4 Dallas

CANUCK-EXPRESS

The Canucks best players lack the lethal combination of speed and skill to make a difference in OT. Every single loss in OT has been due to the fact the players on the ice were outmatched. This team is not cut out for 3 on 3 OT. Maybe trying the kids who all seem to possess speed and some skill might change this. Im looking at you coach. 

I hate complaining about officiating but omg. The non call on the tying goal was just to obvious not to mention. Just another product of the big wigs instructing the refs to "make it interestin" to keep the fans watching. It's not that Benn was 100 feet from the puck or anything like that. That call gets made if the score is tied or the home team needs a PP. Making or not making the call depending on the score and time of the game is just plain ridiculous. 

I have just about had it with the NHL. 

The Canucks best players lack the lethal combination of speed and skill to make a difference in OT. Every single loss in OT has been due to the fact the players on the ice were outmatched. This team is not cut out for 3 on 3 OT. Maybe trying the kids who all seem to possess speed and some skill might change this. Im looking at you coach. 

lol like I said. Sedins tonight and the Demers bomb because Dank was huffin' and puffin up the ice and obviously couldn't take him. They can be threatening with the puck but without, I have as much confidence in anyone else out there.

Wow, can cdc stick with a coach for than a season. We are becoming the oilers in term of changing coaches.

We had Crow and AV for almost 15 years. I wouldn't go that far.

Torts was the only short term coach in a long time, and he deserved to get canned.

Fans are just frustrated because Willie isn;t a rookie coach in this league anymore. He can't keep sticking to a strategy that has been proven to fail. You roll four lines for better or for worse. It does the team no good to shorten the bench when every extra second of rest benefits the entire team. Especially when the other team is coming at them hard.

Wow, can cdc stick with a coach for than a season. We are becoming the oilers in term of changing coaches.

Trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results... I think that's what they call the Cancuks third period and OT right? We played great for so long, but then our emotion drops and in result the energy drops. Fatigue means making mental mistakes. Just roll the 4 lines and we'll be fine!

But what was Willie thinking with some of his overtime combinations?

Bartkowski and Weber?  what?

You can't have it both ways.  Yell for speed on OT, and the coach responds by putting out his 2 fastest defensemen as a pair,  And remember, under Torts, Weber played 49 games, 34 as a 4th line winger, so in that context, not too far fetched

3 on 3 is a track meet and sudden death so it only makes sense to bench your fastest , most offensive players.  :(

Willie seems to be playing defensively in OT not realizing it matters little. There is just too much space out there, so if you don't have your speedsters (as you suggest) you will get burned.

We have lost 4 games in OT. We made the playoffs by 6 pts last year after beating up on weak Edm/Arizona/Calgary teams (until the playoffs)..

We have now given up 4 pts that were attainable (not sure how many have been blown leads but know 2 have been at least).

We have played the same players in OT and it is proving to be a failure. Including the twins who are too slow unless they have the puck, but the minute they turn it over, if matched against a quick line are in trouble.

We Started with Horvat and Hansen for that reason in OT tonight. But we don't play McCaan, our fastest most dynamic offensive player at the moment, we don't play Baer who is suited for that style. We play 2 defensman at one point when the reality is 3-3 is ALL about offense, again you can't play D because there is to much room.

Time for Benning to have another talk with Willie to tell him to adjust.

I hate complaining about officiating but omg. The non call on the tying goal was just to obvious not to mention. Just another product of the big wigs instructing the refs to "make it interestin" to keep the fans watching. It's not that Benn was 100 feet from the puck or anything like that. That call gets made if the score is tied or the home team needs a PP. Making or not making the call depending on the score and time of the game is just plain ridiculous. 

Archived