The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaglardi closer to winning Cup than Aquilini

rizzuto&hatoum

Projected out a couple years, you have to think that Gaglardi has the better chance of winning Lord Stanley's mug than Aquilini.  Dallas has the better team now and with a few additions, they have a better chance at winning it all than the Nucks.  Wouldn't that be ironic?

It would be annoying. 

Projected out a couple years, you have to think that Gaglardi has the better chance of winning Lord Stanley's mug than Aquilini.  Dallas has the better team now and with a few additions, they have a better chance at winning it all than the Nucks.  Wouldn't that be ironic?

Check it out, according to many, the Canucks aren't even supposed to compete. Yet here they are, basically stealing points out of games. They currently have a tendency to collapse in the third but that is correctable. They're still taking a point in Dallas. Those single point OT losses are the difference between the teams that make the playoffs and the teams that don't.

It's only the second game with all the rookies in plus Gaunce, minus Prust and Hamhuis. In time, this team will dominate and I hope this is bumped so you can eat your words.

Said with the best interest of the franchise.

his post clearly states he's projecting forward

Mine clearly refers to what Aquilini already did.

Aquilini is the best owner the Canucks have ever had.  He's ensuring the Canucks Sports & Entertainment continues to provide us with the best sports entertainment packages possible every season.  He's got this team to the finals.  He's given us the Comets.  He's now bringing us an exciting mix of youth and experienced veterans that will no doubt bring us to a cup win in the future, so the fans will be happy.

The owner of the Dallas Stars hasn't done anything yet.

There's just no way a top heavy team like Dallas wins the cup. The game changes when the playoffs hit and it isn't the offensive dynamo's that come away with the W's. See San Jose, Vancouver, Washington. 

If you're referring to the 2011 team then OK. But if you're talking about the team onward than I disagree. 

They sure have the support of the league judging how that game against them was called. Jamie Benn is able to do whatever he wants on the ice. No wonder he's wracking up the points. I haven't complained about the officiating yet this year, it's been pretty decent. That was obvious favoritism for Dallas, blatent penalties missed by Dallas, and they call ticky tacky crap against the Canucks, including two dives, one of them Dorsett just touches the guys stick and he jumps to the ice, Yet Benn can pick him while he's trying to defend the point and actually slash his stick away from the puck and get away with it and they tie the game? Ya I'd say the NHL has it's team out west they want to promote this year.

If you're referring to the 2011 team then OK. But if you're talking about the team onward than I disagree. 

Yeah, I was referring to when we were an offensive dynamo. 2009-2012ish. Also the West Coast Express couldn't get it done once the playoffs hit.

I disagree %100 

Canucks have a bbetter chance than the stars. You're saying this based on just a game tonight? That was settled in 3 on 3? 

People really make too much out of one game.

Had we won everyone would be talking about how well the rebuild is going and how close we are to being back on top.

I don't take anything from 3 on 3. I would say these teams played pretty evenly during 60 minutes of regulation.

Archived