The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

2 hours ago, the last outlaw said:

What exactly are you paying for then? Shaw is a joke.

Paying them too much. While they are better than Telus, it's a lesser of two evils situation. Telus is at the very least more reliable. 

3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

lol Raps suck.

Or do they? Lol.

Caught the least 4 minutes on my brother's phone, so I missed the entirety of the come back itself. But that 4th quarter showed a level of fight I'm sure they themselves didn't even think they had. Good on them.

3 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Paying them too much. While they are better than Telus, it's a lesser of two evils situation. Telus is at the very least more reliable. 

Or do they? Lol.

Caught the least 4 minutes on my brother's phone, so I missed the entirety of the come back itself. But that 4th quarter showed a level of fight I'm sure they themselves didn't even think they had. Good on them.

If the Canucks played so bad for 50 minutes but rallied to win in the last 10 I'm not sure I'd consider that a positive. Same case here.

6 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

If the Canucks played so bad for 50 minutes but rallied to win in the last 10 I'm not sure I'd consider that a positive. Same case here.

I see your point but as the saying goes: it's not how you start, but how you finish

2 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Within a context I'd agree. But the biggest issue the Raptors have had over this 3 season resurgence is that they've seemed listless and lacked any kind of fighting spirit when it came to the playoffs. No push when their backs were against the wall. I'd take a full game of effort obviously, and you can't pull this kind of stuff on better teams, but they went on a 21-2 run (or whatever it exactly it was) to begin the final quarter, in a game that if they lost, they'd have lost the series alongside with. That definitely counts towards something important with me.

My intention was not to single out your post, as before the quarter even me and my brother were talking about how we'd be okay if they blew up the team. But 21-2 against a Paul George led team, God damn. There's many holes with this team when it comes to championship aspirations, but I'd love it if heart and effort weren't amongst them, as they have been in the past. They already have a coach that's dumb enough to leave Derozan and Ross to defend Paul George when he also has Norman Powell on the court, so it's nice to see the players working through their own issues like they did today.

14 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Ball is a bit different. Raptors defense stepped just locked up the Pacers in the 4th. Norman Powells play is also very encouraging.