The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

Just now, Van40 said:

@RUPERTKBD   

That's rich coming from the guy that staged an NFL game walkout costing taxpayers $325K because players kneeled, and pressured the league to end the players' protests. 

(Also posted in the Trump thread)

Which is why I said "Credit where credit is due"...

If you know me at all. you'd know that I'm one of the biggest critics of the trump administration on these boards. But in this case, I think Pence is correct...

• Cheers 1

I don't follow basketball all that closely so this may be old news to many here but I thought it was interesting:

Magic, Michael, LeBron ... Emoni Bates? Meet the 15-Year-Old Next in Line

He’s a typical high school sophomore and a once-in-a-generation talent. He’s the pride of Ypsilanti, Mich., and the future of the NBA. Not even old enough to drive and likely to be a straight-to-the-NBA No. 1 pick, Emoni Bates is both a product of his era and way ahead of his time.

On 10/29/2019 at 2:27 PM, UnkNuk said:

I don't follow basketball all that closely so this may be old news to many here but I thought it was interesting:

Magic, Michael, LeBron ... Emoni Bates? Meet the 15-Year-Old Next in Line

He’s a typical high school sophomore and a once-in-a-generation talent. He’s the pride of Ypsilanti, Mich., and the future of the NBA. Not even old enough to drive and likely to be a straight-to-the-NBA No. 1 pick, Emoni Bates is both a product of his era and way ahead of his time.

Yeah the kid is incredible. He's around 6'8 already, and plays the game just like Kevin Durant. He's definitely gonna be a star. 

Eli Pasquale has passed away at 59 yrs old.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/news/two-time-olympian-and-canadian-basketball-hall-of-famer-eli-pasquale-dies-at-59/ar-AAJTCyT?ocid=spartandhp

"

© Provided by Canadian Press Enterprises Inc

Canadian Basketball Hall of Famer Eli Pasquale, a two-time Olympian who played at four world championships over his career, has died. He was 59.

Pasquale, a native of Sudbury, Ont., died Monday from cancer, Canada Basketball said in a release.

Pasquale led Canada to a fourth-place finish at the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles. He returned to the Games four years later in Seoul and helped Canada to a sixth-place showing.

"Canada has lost one of its greatest athletes," former teammate Dwight Walton said on Twitter. "A WINNER and a CLASS ACT in every sense of the word. I was PROUD to call him a TEAMMATE and more importantly, a FRIEND. Eli Pasquale has passed away. My sincerest condolences to his Family and Friends. May he Rest in Peace."

Pasquale led the University of Victoria to five consecutive national championships from 1980-84.

He was selected by the Seattle SuperSonics in the fifth round of the 1984 NBA Draft and played three pre-season games for the team before being released. He later played pro basketball in Argentina, West Germany and Switzerland.

After a five-year absence from the national team, Pasquale returned at age 37 to play in the 1997 Tournament of the Americas, helping Canada qualify for the 1998 world championship.

"It's a sad day for basketball in our country," Charlotte Hornets assistant coach and former Canadian national team coach/player Jay Triano said. "We were backcourt mates and travelled the world together for eight years as the starting backcourt for our national team. Today really hurts as I have lost a friend and a teammate."

Pasquale, who represented Canada at the Pan Am Games on two occasions, was inducted into the Canadian Basketball Hall of Fame in 2003.

He is survived by wife Karen, sons Isiah and Manny, brother Vito, sister Luciana and mother Adriana. Funeral arrangements were pending.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 5, 2019.

The Canadian Press

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2019 at 8:02 PM, blaise said:

Rap's keep on rolling. 14-4  start to the season.

What's you guy's thought on our somewhat challenged start to the season?

Pretty impressive  so far.....RAPS

Siakam, Vanvleet, Powell, and OG have all gotten much better and the Raps have a shot at the finals again. 

Kawhi+Raps > Kawhi+Clipps

He wanted to go home but his best chance to win was with the Raps imo. 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Siakam, Vanvleet, Powell, and OG have all gotten much better and the Raps have a shot at the finals again. 

Kawhi+Raps > Kawhi+Clipps

He wanted to go home but his best chance to win was with the Raps imo. 

raps are developing nicely

and are going to do well in the east

they are a formidable defensive team

but let's not get silly here

clips are still missing a key player

and kawhi is likely still the best player in the nba

and his value shows up clearest in the playoffs

clips in my view are the best team

and better positioned to win it all then the raps this season

as they are even better on d then the raps

59 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

raps are developing nicely

and are going to do well in the east

they are a formidable defensive team

but let's not get silly here

clips are still missing a key player

and kawhi is likely still the best player in the nba

and his value shows up clearest in the playoffs

clips in my view are the best team

and better positioned to win it all then the raps this season

as they are even better on d then the raps

Which key player are the Clipps still missing? 

Yes the Clipps are in a better position to win it all this year but I meant if Kawhi had stayed in Toronto his teammates and coach are better than what he has in LA right now. 

The Raptors are off to a great start and it's mostly been without Lowry and Ibaka. I think they have a realistic chance of making the finals again. 

Oh and Lebron > Kawhi. 

Ya the Clippers lost last night in SA,Kawhi's second return there since the trade.Again he got boo'd and jeered all game which ended up with a ten point loss.

Kinda feel bad for Kawhi,people in SA should get over it,the guy's a class act. At least we know he will be received here as a hero when the Clipps come to Toronto on the 11th.

RAPS

Question for all us Raptors-Canucks fans.Which shot was bigger for you guys,considering there both the biggest shot's in both franchises history...Kawhi's miracle buzzer beater shot game seven against Philly last year  ,

OR Burrows shot in OT game seven,off the penalty bench to Slay the Dragon in 2011?

For me Kawhi,s shot was bigger just from how the whole season went,and how far this win resonated across the whole country. But what Burrows did,was just as clutch.

Sure miss those days.

Edited by blaise

44 minutes ago, blaise said:

Question for all us Raptors-Canucks fans.Which shot was bigger for you guys...Kawhi's miracle buzzer beater shot game seven against Philly last year  ,

OR Burrows shot in OT game seven,off the penalty bench to Slay the Dragon in 2011?

For me Kawhi,s shot was bigger just from how the whole season went,and how far this win resonated across the whole country. But what Burrows did,was just as clutch.

Sure miss those days.

Burrows....by a mile....

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Burrows....by a mile....

I love the Canucks and all, but Kawhi’s shot basically won them the Championship.

10 hours ago, Van40 said:

Oh and Lebron > Kawhi. 

Luka > everyone else.

10 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Anyone have a good YouTube channel for league wide condensed games/highlights?  

*Found one.  The resolution is terrible though

Search up MLG highlights. That account puts up most game highlights

On 11/30/2019 at 1:44 PM, Van40 said:

Which key player are the Clipps still missing? 

Yes the Clipps are in a better position to win it all this year but I meant if Kawhi had stayed in Toronto his teammates and coach are better than what he has in LA right now. 

The Raptors are off to a great start and it's mostly been without Lowry and Ibaka. I think they have a realistic chance of making the finals again. 

Oh and Lebron > Kawhi. 

well i was referring to george

and he just returned

the clips are a very deep team

solidly constructed

and extremely defensively minded

the rap young guys are developing extremely quickly

man did the raps draft well (or perhaps there was a bit of luck involved)

kind of hard to believe pascal is coming on so fast

and the team has very committed, disciplined, high iq players

before kahwi they seemed to lack that character

i think he mentored many of them well

so if he does the same to the clips

i think they will be the better team

and george is better then lowry who was 2nd to kahwi last season

but yeah the raps are a very good story this year

On 7/8/2019 at 10:07 AM, shiznak said:

I think the Jazz are the ones to beat, quite honestly. Despite having no big name superstars, they have amazing depth much like the Sixers in the East.

The Jazz got trounced by 25 at the hands of the Lakers on the 2nd night of a b2b. Utah was vastly overrated in the West. One of the LA teams is going to win it all. 

• Upvote 1