The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, me too.....although I'm pretty high on OG.

I might have included McCaw and Davis, but TBH, I'm pretty unfamiliar with both of them....

McCaw, is okay nothing special.

Davis, not too familiar on him too.

I hope OG can break out soon.

5 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

How many seasons does he have left though?  I think his style of play is going to catch up to him soon.

True, just threw some names out there.  The future looks bright for Toronto.  Especially if Pascal turns into a bonafide super-star and if we can sign a marquee free-agent (Giannis, Oladipo).

Goodpoint about Lowery’s age and style of play causing him to slow down soon.  Who replaces him though?  

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Kawhi is just flat out better than Lebron. That's to be expected though, one of them is in their prime and other is clearly over the hill. 

Saving this for when the underdog Lakers led by an over the hill star come out of the West.  

7 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Saving this for when the underdog Lakers led by an over the hill star come out of the West.  

Davis will have to be the best player in the series in order for the Lakers to beat the Clippers. Lebron will be bricking free throws late in the 4th quarter. I watched the game and the broadcast said that he had a 61% FT% in the 4th quarter, just flat out embarrassing and predictably he missed the second free throw. 

1 minute ago, Toews said:

Davis will have to be the best player in the series in order for the Lakers to beat the Clippers. Lebron will be bricking free throws late in the 4th quarter. I watched the game and the broadcast said that he had a 61% FT% in the 4th quarter, just flat out embarrassing and predictably he missed the second free throw. 

Some late ticky tack fouls flipped the game. Vogel also messed around with lineups and even seems to be hiding his best one. Lebron and AD were overall bleh. Lakers will improve the roster. 23 will hit his free throws when it really matters. 

82 game dress rehearsal. 

8 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Some late ticky tack fouls flipped the game. Vogel also messed around with lineups and even seems to be hiding his best one. Lebron and AD were overall bleh. Lakers will improve the roster. 23 will hit his free throws when it really matters. 

82 game dress rehearsal. 

Agreed meaningless in the grand scheme of things but this is now two games in a row against the Clippers where the Lakers have struggled to muster much late in games. Its not like the Clippers have played amazing either but defensively that team will still be juggernaut that will be tough to solve. 

On 12/7/2019 at 8:37 PM, Van40 said:

Like I've mentioned before, only 1 team with a similar makeup to the Jazz has won it all in the last 30 years and they were the exception to the rule. 

Jazz don't have a reliable star, teams like them struggle in the playoffs. Depth means little compared to star power. 

Yup, the Jazz don’t have a reliable star like Mitchell who just dropped 30 points, shooting 57% on the field, against the reigning finals MVP and his defensive powerhouse squad. 

Jazz are 8-2 in their last ten, and only sits two games back behind the Clippers with 2 games in hand.

15 hours ago, shiznak said:

Yup, the Jazz don’t have a reliable star like Mitchell who just dropped 30 points, shooting 57% on the field, against the reigning finals MVP and his defensive powerhouse squad. 

Jazz are 8-2 in their last ten, and only sits two games back behind the Clippers with 2 games in hand.

I don't know how reliable a star he is though. Rather inconsistent to be given that star label in my opinion, and I doubt he can take the team on his shoulders to get far in the playoffs. Reminds me of the raps with derozoan, solid players all around, but need to add a piece or two before we start thinking championship with them.

On 12/29/2019 at 3:13 PM, Sikhguy23 said:

I don't know how reliable a star he is though. Rather inconsistent to be given that star label in my opinion, and I doubt he can take the team on his shoulders to get far in the playoffs. Reminds me of the raps with derozoan, solid players all around, but need to add a piece or two before we start thinking championship with them.

Mitchell has a way better supporting cast than Deebo ever had, in his time with Toronto. Mitchell is also a better all-around shooter and defender than Demar, which were his weaknesses.

Remember Mitchell is only 23, and already averaging 25 points. In comparison, Kawhi at 23 (his third season), was only averaging 16, shooting roughly around the same percentage.

12 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Mitchell has a way better supporting cast than Deebo ever had, in his time with Toronto. Mitchell is also a better all-around shooter and defender than Demar, which were his weaknesses.

Remember Mitchell is only 23, and already averaging 25 points. In comparison, Kawhi at 23 (his third season), was only averaging 16, shooting roughly around the same percentage.

yes, but you aren't going to see him guarding the other teams best players; especially when now a days they are most likely going to be a sf/pf. He's a fantastic player, but we have to be realistic with him at least until he gets into his prime. Utah is a great team, but I highly doubt they make a significant run in the playoffs without the addition of a solid 3/4.

I personally think Kawhi is way overhyped...

11 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

yes, but you aren't going to see him guarding the other teams best players; especially when now a days they are most likely going to be a sf/pf. He's a fantastic player, but we have to be realistic with him at least until he gets into his prime. Utah is a great team, but I highly doubt they make a significant run in the playoffs without the addition of a solid 3/4.

I personally think Kawhi is way overhyped...

I mean, Ingles killed it in the month of December, with the absence of Conley. He’s also an underrated defender. He and Mitchell held PG and Kawhi to only 12 for 44 last game.

Edited by shiznak

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Is Toronto a realistic option for Andre Drummond? If so what would it take via trade to make it happen?

Not really, for a couple reasons.  Andre Drummond has a player option this summer and he has openly confirmed it - he is going to be a free agent.  So the only reason Ujiri would want to trade for Drummond is to have some agreement where he signs.  And he will probably have to be signed for max.

Now, I'm pretty sure Toronto wants to keep as much cap space open as possible for the next two summers - I think they want to sign Giannis Antetokounmpo in summer 2021.  Harder to do that when you have Drummond's contract.  Still though... board man gets paid, and he'd probably make the Raptors a better team.

What would it take to trade?  Gotta get rid of Gasol or Ibaka, and include a first round pick.  Maybe a younger player going their way and an older guy coming ours.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Not really, for a couple reasons.  Andre Drummond has a player option this summer and he has openly confirmed it - he is going to be a free agent.  So the only reason Ujiri would want to trade for Drummond is to have some agreement where he signs.  And he will probably have to be signed for max.

Now, I'm pretty sure Toronto wants to keep as much cap space open as possible for the next two summers - I think they want to sign Giannis Antetokounmpo in summer 2021.  Harder to do that when you have Drummond's contract.  Still though... board man gets paid, and he'd probably make the Raptors a better team.

What would it take to trade?  Gotta get rid of Gasol or Ibaka, and include a first round pick.  Maybe a younger player going their way and an older guy coming ours.

I agree. I wouldn't expect anything major from Ujiri until the Giannis situation is sorted out.

I think Serge will be the one they let walk. (although it's possible they let Gasol go as well) MG's defense is something the Raps would miss. If they can get him to sign for a reasonable price, I think they'd like to keep him for a year or two more.

While Drummond is good defender. He’s soft as a baby’s tush against big men his own skill who can penetrate in the paint (eg: Giannis, Embiid, Adebayo, Sabonis). 

Despite his lack of offence compare to Drummond’s, I would rather just keep Gasol. At least, Gasol can shoot 3s.

Edited by shiznak