The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

2 hours ago, Van40 said:

Dion Waiters got too high on gummies and failed his way up into a better situation and that is inspirational :lol:

Is it really? He's got talent, that usually leads to opportunities regardless of perceived issues. Besides he can't even handle some gummies. Dude's a lightweight, teams have probably dealt with way worse situations. 

LeBron James says he won’t play if arenas empty due to coronavirus concerns

Article everywhere, but on SN app.

“Nah, that’s impossible,” James said after the Lakers’ 113-103 victory against the Milwaukee Bucks on Friday. “I ain’t playing. If I ain’t got the fans in the crowd, that’s what I play for. I play for my teammates, I play for the fans. That’s what it’s all about. If I show up to an arena, and there ain’t no fans there? I ain’t playing. So, they could do what they want to do.”

I really hope he sits out, because he’s so out of touch with the rest of the world. 

1. You know the Coronavirus is serious, right?

2. You know there’s TV revenue, ad revenue, sponsorship revenue? 

These jocks are so out of touch.

• Cheers 2

How good will G-State be next year?  That game against the Raptors was pretty darn close and just with Steph back alone they already look a lot more competitive (with good spot up shooters for him to pass to, as well as Paschall and Wiggins).  Just imagining next year Steph, Klay, Wiggins and Draymond and they're probably right back in the thick of things.

1 hour ago, Monty said:

“Nah, that’s impossible,” James said after the Lakers’ 113-103 victory against the Milwaukee Bucks on Friday. “I ain’t playing. If I ain’t got the fans in the crowd, that’s what I play for. I play for my teammates, I play for the fans. That’s what it’s all about. If I show up to an arena, and there ain’t no fans there? I ain’t playing. So, they could do what they want to do.”

I really hope he sits out, because he’s so out of touch with the rest of the world. 

Yeah that's what I was thinking, couldn't they just play the game on TV?  Though probably the atmosphere would be quite different if it was quiet after every 3 or pretty pass.  Can't really imagine the playoffs if there's no crowd hype, it would be much, much different.

Edited by Phil_314

1 hour ago, Monty said:

LBJ is a smart guy.  

1 hour ago, Monty said:

That is an inflammatory, generalized, and ignorant comment.

8 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

That is an inflammatory, generalized, and ignorant comment.

Yeah, you’re right. Multi millionaire athletes, who live in a bubble and shut off from the rest of society, absolutely know the plight of what everyone goes through. Especially athletes that have had people wait on them hand and foot since they were 13.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Monty said:

Lets not forget how upset he was with Daryl Morey, because his comments inconvenienced "King James"....<_<

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Van40 said:

Lebron James and Anthony Davis are the best duo in the league and beating the Bucks and Clippers was nice for the Lakers confidence. 

35 years old and still one of the best in the game. Greatness. 

That last statement, think about it for a second. 35 years old, and still one of the best in the game.... 3rd most minutes played EVER, and he does not show signs of slowing down. The man has been in the greatest player in the NBA talks since at least 07, that's 13 years of individual dominance(because I know some of you like to harp about his finals losses:rolleyes:), that is unbelievable.... Top 2 and it really isn't close(GOAT in my eyes, especially if he wins another chip).

Edited by Sikhguy23
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

That last statement, think about it for a second. 35 years old, and still on of the best in the game.... 3rd most minutes played EVER, and he does not show signs of slowing down. The man has been in the greatest player in the NBA talks since at least 07, that's 13 years of individual dominance(because I know some of you like to harp about his finals losses:rolleyes:), that is unbelievable.... Top 2 and it really isn't close(GOAT in my eyes, especially if he wins another chip).

And he’s a nice guy, who never gets into off court legal trouble like too many other NBA players.  I don’t care for LBJ the player, and always cheer against him, but I do respect the guy as both a player (top three all time for sure) and as a person.  Greatest Laker ever for sure, both on and off the court.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2020 at 4:29 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Lets not forget how upset he was with Daryl Morey, because his comments inconvenienced "King James"....<_<

The reply seemed (imho) to be dictated down to him from China (through Nike). Morey was being referred to as "ignorant" by most pro-China propagandists at the time. To me his reply was more egregious than James Harden apologizing for the incident. It truly exposed his whole social justice act, Lebron and his personality cult had been pushing a Muhammad Ali comparison, that was the day it became obvious that he ain't even fit to shine Ali's shoes. So desperate he was to play the victim, he had someone scribble something racist at his home and then drew a comparison to Emmett Till's mother. An attention seeking fraud, that's Lebron or as I refer to him now Lechina. Can talk tough when some Fox News airhead tells him to "shut up and dribble", but when the CCP and Nike crack the whip, Lebron will dance to their every tune.

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, Toews said:

The reply seemed (imho) to be dictated down to him from China (through Nike). Morey was being referred to as "ignorant" by most pro-China propagandists at the time. To me his reply was more egregious than James Harden apologizing for the incident. It truly exposed his whole social justice act, Lebron and his personality cult had been pushing a Muhammad Ali comparison, that was the day it became obvious that he ain't even fit to shine Ali's shoes. So desperate he was to play the victim, he had someone scribble something racist at his home and then drew a comparison to Emmett Till's mother. An attention seeking fraud, that's Lebron or as I refer to him now Lechina. Can talk tough when some Fox News airhead tells him to "shut up and dribble", but when the CCP and Nike crack the whip, Lebron will dance to their every tune.

Lebron's a terrible person for not fixing all the social injustices around the world. What a fraud. 

Btw what contributions have you made? 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Van40 said:

Lebron's a terrible person for not fixing all the social injustices around the world. What a fraud. 

If that's your conclusion, I can't blame you :P. I on the other hand only agree with the "fraud" part of it. Lebron is no different than any other spoiled rich diva athlete, so that would make him fairly average if there was a list of "terrible persons". He is also no different than the average narcissistic social media user. I think the dislike for him from me comes mainly from his personality cult that tries to hail him as something that he isn't. He is a great basketball player, he has made a whole lot of people associated with basketball a whole lot richer. If he were a CEO, they would have paid him like 100M/yr in his prime maybe more for how much value he brought to the association. He is not Muhammad Ali though, Ali answered to people far greater than the CCP and Phil Knight. If you want to proclaim Lebron James a successful basketball player, entrepreneur etc. then have at it. But the people around him go around pretending as if he is the greatest thing to humanity we have ever seen then, and people who see through the facade will scoff and rightfully so. Stop pretending you are something you are not and ask the clowns around you to pipe down. 

8 hours ago, Van40 said:

Btw what contributions have you made? 

I will tell you what I always try to do, the best that I can. But I am not the next 'gift to humanity' nor do I go around pretending to be. 

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, Toews said:

If that's your conclusion, I can't blame you :P. I on the other hand only agree with the "fraud" part of it. Lebron is no different than any other spoiled rich diva athlete, so that would make him fairly average if there was a list of "terrible persons". He is also no different than the average narcissistic social media user. I think the dislike for him from me comes mainly from his personality cult that tries to hail him as something that he isn't. He is a great basketball player, he has made a whole lot of people associated with basketball a whole lot richer. If he were a CEO, they would have paid him like 100M/yr in his prime maybe more for how much value he brought to the association. He is not Muhammad Ali though, Ali answered to people far greater than the CCP and Phil Knight. If you want to proclaim Lebron James a successful basketball player, entrepreneur etc. then have at it. But the people around him go around pretending as if he is the greatest thing to humanity we have ever seen then, and people who see through the facade will scoff and rightfully so. Stop pretending you are something you are not and ask the clowns around you to pipe down. 

I will tell you what I always try to do, the best that I can. But I am not the next 'gift to humanity' nor do I go around pretending to be. 

And now, due to Covid-19, and an oil war; a lot of the money the NBA and "Lechina" were trying to protect in China has likely vanished anyway.

• Wat 1

55 minutes ago, Toews said:

Stephon Marbury spitting facts, Lechina could never hope to "carry" Kobe's legacy. 

As a Laker; no $&!#, he has what 2 or 3 more good years in him? Overall, Lebron>Kobe. He is the greatest player to put on a Laker jersey, is he the greatest Laker? hell no; Magic, or Kobe are in that conversation.

• 2 weeks later...