The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

Sad that we won't see King Kawhi send LeChina packing in the WCF. It would have been the final nail in the coffin of the most overrated and overhyped player of all time who despite having all the physical attributes never managed to accomplish what some of the all-time greats managed to do in terms of championship success. 3 chips is pitiful for a player of LeChina's caliber. Considering how much his stans rail at KD over his championships, it should be pointed out that LeChina tucked his tail between his legs and ran to South Beach to join a top 3 SG of all time in D-Wade and one of the best PFs in the league at the time in Chris Bosh. In doing so he decimated two teams, the Raptors and the Cavs, leaving only an aging Celtics team in his way for the next however many years in the pathetic East. 

He would later get Ray Allen from those same Celtics who would hit one of the biggest shots in NBA playoffs history. It cannot be understated how laughably hypocritcal it is that LeChina stans continue to rail at KD when he mirrored his move after Lebron. KD's a bitch/snake for running to Golden State but he would never have been there if Lebron hadn't made the original bitch/snake move of joining the Heat and decimating the East so that the likes of Paul George and Demar Derozan were left as the only resistance. Neither of those guys are #1s on championship contending teams, I think that has been made more than apparent. Derrick Rose could have done something but he could never stay healthy. I generally think it is often far too difficult to compare two players between completely different eras especially with due context. But as far as the GOAT goes I don't have even have LeChina in the discussion because of his lack of championship success. I think a good argument can be made for Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Michael Jordan and Bill Russell. Everyone else to me is outside of that discussion imho.

I also believe that LeChina was never able to maximize his talents, he still remains a poor free throw shooter, his efficiency outside of the paint also leaves a lot to be desired. It also remains questionable how adaptable he is to different styles of offence considering throughout his career he has always wanted to be the focal point of the offense. When you have the ball in your hands all the time, its not hard for a guy with LeChina's attributes to put up good stats. We have seen a less efficient version of the same fancy stats put up by another overrated player in Russell Westbrook which haven't translated to team success. Kawhi is a less talented player but he is more skilled than LeChina who was always too reliant on his prodigious physical gifts. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Simmons used to be ESPN'S sports documentary guy and he's also the founder and CEO of The Ringer. One of the most connected NBA guys around. 

Apparently ESPN had tons of behind the scenes Jordan/Bulls footage that they never used cause MJ was against documentaries. But reportedly after Lebron and the Cavs won in 2016, Jordan gave the green light to start on this soon to be aired "The Last Dance" doc. First episode releases on April 19th. 

@Toews You never stop talking about him, so I thought I'd tag the biggest Lebron fan in this thread!

I mean, I don’t like LeBron as much as the next guy, but you can’t hate on LeBron for what he did in the past and praise Kawhi, when literally he asked the Clippers to get another star (George) or he won’t sign with them. He also screwed the Spurs, threatening to sit out the season, demanding a trade to the Lakers. 

My gripe with LeBron is he’s a narcissists. He seeks all the attention for own ego, but that doesn’t take away how great of a player he is. Yeah, he needed a superteam to win a championship, but so did Curry, Pierce, hell even Payton and Malone tried to take the easy way out and join the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe to win a Chip. 

Remember LeBron did took a scrub of a team, in the Cavs, all the way to the finals, in 2007. Only to lose it to the power house Spurs, with Kawhi and Duncan. Likewise, in 2018. He tried to carry the Cavs but was unsuccessful against Curry, KD, and Klay.

His lowkey meddling in the front office is another reason I don’t like him. 

Edited by shiznak

8 hours ago, shiznak said:

I mean, I don’t like LeBron as much as the next guy, but you can’t hate on LeBron for what he did in the past and praise Kawhi, when literally he asked the Clippers to get another star (George) or he won’t sign with them. He also screwed the Spurs, threatening to sit out the season, demanding a trade to the Lakers. 

My point is that you can't hate on KD for what he did and praise LeChina, which is something that a lot of LeChina supporters continue to do until this day. KD gets called a bitch/snake/etc. when these same people were defending LeChina joining a top 3 SG of all time and one of the top PFs in the league at the time in Chris Bosh.

My gripe with LeBron is he’s a narcissists. He seeks all the attention for own ego, but that doesn’t take away how great of a player he is. Yeah, he needed a superteam to win a championship, but so did Curry, Pierce, hell even Payton and Malone tried to take the easy way out and join the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe to win a Chip. 

What can I say I can't stand narcissists and the cults of personality that surround them. Their strategy is to attack and diminish everyone in sight to prop up their guy which I think is incredibly toxic. I don't have a problem with ring chasing, a lot of players have done it and gotten rings that way. Not all rings are created equal though but that doesn't mean that they should be disrespected either, just kept in context.

LeChina had an easier path to his first two rings and the effect of that was that his path to the championship become much harder when KD mirrored his move to LeChina's. Cause and effect.

Remember LeBron did took a scrub of a team, in the Cavs, all the way to the finals, in 2007. Only to lose it to the power house Spurs, with Kawhi and Duncan. Likewise, in 2018. He tried to carry the Cavs but was unsuccessful against Curry, KD, and Klay.

Kawhi was only 16 then but I agree with your point. I don't hold Finals losses against LeChina and no doubt he was always capable of carrying some bad teams pretty far. But I am also going to say that I am not all that impressed by it either. Its more impressive to me to see a cohesive team led by a great player than it is to see bad teams being carried by a single great player. The former is better basketball to watch as well, rather than seeing everything run through one guy. 

This I will be honest doesn't really bother me. I joke about LeChina being the GM/coach of every team he is on but I am fine with it. I don't think it has aided Lebron in his chase for championships nor has his affiliation with Rich Paul and Unklutch sports. Paying Tristan and JR all that money was a mistake as was trying to trade Kyrie for PG. 

10 hours ago, Van40 said:

Simmons used to be ESPN'S sports documentary guy and he's also the founder and CEO of The Ringer. One of the most connected NBA guys around. 

Apparently ESPN had tons of behind the scenes Jordan/Bulls footage that they never used cause MJ was against documentaries. But reportedly after Lebron and the Cavs won in 2016, Jordan gave the green light to start on this soon to be aired "The Last Dance" doc. First episode releases on April 19th. 

@Toews You never stop talking about him, so I thought I'd tag the biggest Lebron fan in this thread!

I am uncertain what your point is. LeChina and his team have been on a fraudulent PR campaign (see link below) since 2016 proclaiming him to be the greatest player of all time. Michael Jordan has built a very successful brand and business based off a reputation that needs to be protected as it likely has a direct impact on his bottom line. I have no problem with him changing tact. Even today its Jordan's sneakers that sell the most, and that's due to him being considered the greatest basketball player of all time. You and the other LeChina fans can pretend that he is feeling insecure if it makes you feel better. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUqh7t-Aj3c

On 4/3/2020 at 7:26 AM, Toews said:

Sad that we won't see King Kawhi send LeChina packing in the WCF. It would have been the final nail in the coffin of the most overrated and overhyped player of all time who despite having all the physical attributes never managed to accomplish what some of the all-time greats managed to do in terms of championship success. 3 chips is pitiful for a player of LeChina's caliber. Considering how much his stans rail at KD over his championships, it should be pointed out that LeChina tucked his tail between his legs and ran to South Beach to join a top 3 SG of all time in D-Wade and one of the best PFs in the league at the time in Chris Bosh. In doing so he decimated two teams, the Raptors and the Cavs, leaving only an aging Celtics team in his way for the next however many years in the pathetic East. 

He would later get Ray Allen from those same Celtics who would hit one of the biggest shots in NBA playoffs history. It cannot be understated how laughably hypocritcal it is that LeChina stans continue to rail at KD when he mirrored his move after Lebron. KD's a bitch/snake for running to Golden State but he would never have been there if Lebron hadn't made the original bitch/snake move of joining the Heat and decimating the East so that the likes of Paul George and Demar Derozan were left as the only resistance. Neither of those guys are #1s on championship contending teams, I think that has been made more than apparent. Derrick Rose could have done something but he could never stay healthy. I generally think it is often far too difficult to compare two players between completely different eras especially with due context. But as far as the GOAT goes I don't have even have LeChina in the discussion because of his lack of championship success. I think a good argument can be made for Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Michael Jordan and Bill Russell. Everyone else to me is outside of that discussion imho.

I also believe that LeChina was never able to maximize his talents, he still remains a poor free throw shooter, his efficiency outside of the paint also leaves a lot to be desired. It also remains questionable how adaptable he is to different styles of offence considering throughout his career he has always wanted to be the focal point of the offense. When you have the ball in your hands all the time, its not hard for a guy with LeChina's attributes to put up good stats. We have seen a less efficient version of the same fancy stats put up by another overrated player in Russell Westbrook which haven't translated to team success. Kawhi is a less talented player but he is more skilled than LeChina who was always too reliant on his prodigious physical gifts. 

Lol dude get a grip; go spend some time with your family now that we are in isolation, heck go for a walk. You cannot compare Lebron (top 2 all time) to Kawhi. Lebron for years tried to get other players to come to Cleveland when he was there the first time; no one wanted to come. He asked the team to trade for stoudemire, they gave him freaking JJ Hickson. What lebron did was not comparable to what KD did at all. When those 3 got together, they weren't a sure thing, the snake joining an all time team WAS. You say lebron beat an aging Celtics team, what about when he beat the very same pistons who won a championship andbeat Kobe, when he was what 21/22? what about Jordan he didnt do $&!# in the playoffs, til the pistons were old, til the Celtics were old, and finally until he got pippen amongst other players. look at his record before that; it's laughable, he was knocked out of the first round, which has never happened to lebron. Lebron single handedly beat the wizards when they had their big 3. O ya what about the bulls picking up Rodman, because he was beating on Jordan in the bad boys days... stfu

Your bias is unreal, saying lechina is laughable. And based on some of your posts I think you watch the media more then you actually watch basketball

Edited by Sikhguy23

3 hours ago, Toews said:

I am uncertain what your point is. LeChina and his team have been on a fraudulent PR campaign (see link below) since 2016 proclaiming him to be the greatest player of all time. Michael Jordan has built a very successful brand and business based off a reputation that needs to be protected as it likely has a direct impact on his bottom line. I have no problem with him changing tact. Even today its Jordan's sneakers that sell the most, and that's due to him being considered the greatest basketball player of all time. You and the other LeChina fans can pretend that he is feeling insecure if it makes you feel better. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUqh7t-Aj3c

Lol Jordan is hella insecure. You must be living under a rock if you think otherwise. Dude has never given lebron a comment, instead continues to say stupid $&!#. Like 5>3. If that's the case Bill Russell is better then him and so is Robert Horry. He's scared because he knows lebron can touch his legacy, heck even surpass it. Jordan has always been about himself; disregards his family, got his dad killed because of his gambling, he's just a $&!#ty person. At least Lebron cares for others around him; look at his friends that grew up with him; each and every one of them is living a much better life now. Is lebron perfect? hell no, hes done stupid $&!# throughout his nba career, but you not commenting on any of his good, and constantly trying to hyperbolize his bad is pretty stupid. most of your posts make you sound like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Lol dude get a grip; go spend some time with your family now that we are in isolation, heck go for a walk.

Thanks for the concern I am quite literally in the best shape I have been in my life. You on the other hand seem rather upset that my opinion does not coincide with yours, that does make me smile. Thanks for that. ^_^

You cannot compare Lebron (top 2 all time) to Kawhi. Lebron for years tried to get other players to come to Cleveland when he was there the first time; no one wanted to come. He asked the team to trade for stoudemire, they gave him freaking JJ Hickson. What lebron did was not comparable to what KD did at all. When those 3 got together, they weren't a sure thing, the snake joining an all time team WAS.

The Celtics were aging quickly. They were all in their 30s while the Heat was three superstars in their basketball primes. The only reason you consider them "not a sure thing" is because they lost in dreadful fashion to the Mavericks. LeChina got outplayed by Jason &^@#ing Terry. :lol:

If LeChina thinks he is the greatest player of all time because he beat a Warriors team without KD. Harden would have beaten the Warriors + KD if Chris Paul hadn't gotten injured. Would that have made Harden better than Lebron and the GOAT? Would that have made the Warriors "not a sure thing"? You see how nonsensical your's and LeChina's argument is?

You say lebron beat an aging Celtics team, what about when he beat the very same pistons who won a championship andbeat Kobe, when he was what 21/22? what about Jordan he didnt do $&!# in the playoffs, til the pistons were old, til the Celtics were old, and finally until he got pippen amongst other players. look at his record before that; it's laughable, he was knocked out of the first round, which has never happened to lebron. Lebron single handedly beat the wizards when they had their big 3. O ya what about the bulls picking up Rodman, because he was beating on Jordan in the bad boys days... stfu

The East used to be competitive when Jordan played. The East was a trainwreck when Lebron got drafted into the conference. Look at the teams that got to Finals and got annihilated, Knicks, 76ers, Nets, Pacers. Only the Pistons managed to break through one year and beat a dysfunctional Lakers team. It was a major upset and a stain on Kobe/Shaq's legacy. I do think LeChina deserves a ton of credit for beating the Pistons but he also lost to Dwight's Magic and the aforementioned Mavericks which are stains on his.

LeChina needed to join forces with two other superstars in their prime, a top 3 SG and a top PF at the time in order to win his first two championships.  Just so underwhelming, he is not even in my top 5 as a result.

Your bias is unreal, saying lechina is laughable.

As is yours but in the other direction. Your boy said Daryl Morey was "ignorant". This was exactly what all the CCP propaganda was saying at the time. You don't have to respond to anything I have said but answer this question, what exactly was "ignorant" about what Morey tweeted? Does LeChina think that support for democracy is "ignorant"? Either he is a colossal idiot or he likes to parrot CCP propaganda, which one would you prefer?

And based on some of your posts I think you watch the media more then you actually watch basketball

Who watches basketball? According to the NBA ratings, pretty much nobody. Watching basketball is generally a waste of time. Now days I only occasionally watch the kids play, Zion, Trae, Luca, Ja. I root for and follow the progress of RJ, SGA, Wiggins but your general point is correct. Basketball used to be the best sport in the world, now its easily the most boring. Still I can't help but tune in for the conference finals/NBA Finals often just for the nostalgia. Its also almost cathartic to see the fraud LeChina constantly losing on the big stage

Also don't get so upset by my posts, I don't think LeChina cares whether you are defending his honour or not. 

Edited by Toews

1 hour ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Lol Jordan is hella insecure. You must be living under a rock if you think otherwise. Dude has never given lebron a comment, instead continues to say stupid $&!#. Like 5>3.

If Jordan was insecure I think he would be the one proclaiming himself the greatest like LeChina did in the video I posted above. 

If that's the case Bill Russell is better then him and so is Robert Horry.

Bill Russell absolutely has an argument for GOAT, a better one than LeChina most definitely. Robert Horry doesn't pass the smell test, sorry. Never considered one of the best to ever do it. Not the best player on his teams.

He's scared because he knows lebron can touch his legacy, heck even surpass it.

Source?

Jordan has always been about himself; disregards his family, got his dad killed because of his gambling, he's just a $&!#ty person. At least Lebron cares for others around him; look at his friends that grew up with him; each and every one of them is living a much better life now.

I thought we were arguing who was the better basketball player. If you are arguing who is the better human being, then you can have that. If it makes you feel better I will concede that Lebron is a better person. 

Is lebron perfect? hell no, hes done stupid $&!# throughout his nba career, but you not commenting on any of his good, and constantly trying to hyperbolize his bad is pretty stupid. most of your posts make you sound like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum.

Yet I have not been the one who is tossing pejoratives, and really nor do I care to. That seems to be all you have been doing. Maybe its because I care less about this debate than you do. You seem too invested, "get a grip", "stfu", "5 year old throwing a tantrum". Its clear you idolize LeChina, I think that's a mistake. You should choose better idols than CCP propagandists. 

Edited by Toews
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Van40 said:

^^ I hate this sport and don't really watch it but here are my opinions... 

Love the sport, can't stand the boring product the NBA puts out there. They need a revamp and thankfully the commissioner of the NBA seems to share that sentiment. 

3 minutes ago, Van40 said:

@Sikhguy23 Some people just like saying shid. He's a troll who barely follows the game. Poor guy wants attention, badly. 

You can put me on ignore if you can't handle my opinions. If I did want the attention I would go post somewhere my posts would be more visible than a fairly dead CDC NBA thread. Calling me a "troll" is childish, it just tells me you cannot actually refute my position because you simply don't have enough belief in yours. Deep down even you see LeChina as a fraud. I mean he was Jussie Smollett before anyone knew who was Jussie Smollett. 

LeBron James' Los Angeles Home Vandalized With 'N-Word' Graffiti

NBA superstar LeBron James made an emotional plea Wednesday against racial inequality and said "we have a long way to go" after his home was vandalized with a racial slur.

"My family is safe. At the end of the day, they're safe and that's the most important," the Cleveland Cavaliers forward said during a news conference ahead of Game 1 of the NBA Finals.

"But it just goes to show that racism will always be a part of the world, a part of America," he added. "And hate in America, especially for African-Americans, is living every day."

The Los Angeles Police Department told NBC News it responded to a call that someone had spray-painted a racial slur on a gate leading to James' property in the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles at 6:44 a.m. PT (9:44 a.m. ET) on Wednesday.

A source familiar with the incident told NBC News the "n-word" had been spray-painted on the gate.

The slur was painted over by the time officers arrived, authorities said. It was not immediately clear when it was first spray-painted on the property.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lebron-james-los-angeles-home-vandalized-n-word-graffiti-n766651

:lol:

9 hours ago, Toews said:

My point is that you can't hate on KD for what he did and praise LeChina, which is something that a lot of LeChina supporters continue to do until this day. KD gets called a bitch/snake/etc. when these same people were defending LeChina joining a top 3 SG of all time and one of the top PFs in the league at the time in Chris Bosh.

I don’t recall anyone defending LeBron when he joined the Heat. He got a ton of backlash for his “the decision” special. Then announcing to the Heat fans, that they’re going to win like 5 Championships.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 4/3/2020 at 10:13 PM, shiznak said:

Most of your argument  is sound except that kawhi was drafted in 2011 and wasnt on that 07 spurs team

On 4/3/2020 at 7:26 AM, Toews said:

?  What are you talking about. Lebron was extremly efficient outside of the paint.  His career career player effciency rating is top three and his career  effective field goal percentage at 54th all time which extremely good for a small forward or guard. Yes he has his flaws, like shooting corner threes or free throws, but to say he is not in the goat dicussion is just plain stupid. And i hate lebron

3 hours ago, Isam said:

?  What are you talking about. Lebron was extremly efficient outside of the paint.  His career career player effciency rating is top three and his career  effective field goal percentage at 54th all time which extremely good for a small forward or guard. Yes he has his flaws, like shooting corner threes or free throws, but to say he is not in the goat dicussion is just plain stupid. And i hate lebron

His mid-range game is not at the level of Michael Jordan's. The embarrassing performance he put up against the Mavericks in 2011 is testament to that reality. Not to mention that the rules for defence have changed considerably since Michael played.  To me quite clearly his accomplishments are inferior to two players, Kareem Abdul Jabar and Michael Jordan. Is he an all-time great? Sure, but not the best and to me its not close.

LeChina fanboys annoy me more than anyone else, because they sit their and $&!# all over some great basketball players including making stupid comments calling all past players "plumbers and electricians" because the league hadn't yet acquired the financial success it does today. I have seen people make similar $&!#ty arguments against an all-time great like Gordie Howe. People's recency bias is the reason for this plain ignorance and disrespect for the greats. 

With that said I think I will bow out of this discussion. Its a waste of time discussing the fraud known as LeChina.