The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

On 9/4/2020 at 10:12 PM, Van40 said:

So Giannis and the Bucks were huge frauds. Not suprising but getting swept is pure embarrassment

Sounds like you are coming around to my side of the argument. LeChina was a "huge fraud" and needed two other superstars, and still got outplayed by Jason Terry in that epic chokejob against the Mavs en route to his first titles. :)

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Siakam keeps running the floor and the Raps have no idea how to get him the ball in transition. Gasol makes bad decisions on both ends of the floor. Siakam lazy on D. Weird team to watch right now. 

They're  not the same team

NBA'S DANUEL HOUSE JR.INVESTIGATED OVER WOMAN IN HOTEL ROOM... Denies Wrongdoing

21a4bb8d6979499f97e1ca754e6d062a_md.jpg
BREAKING NEWS
Getty

The NBA has launched an investigation into Houston Rockets forward Danuel House -- after he allegedly violated Bubble protocol by allowing a woman into his hotel room.

The twist ... the woman in question is a COVID tester who's cleared to be inside the bubble, but apparently she's not allowed to hang with players in their rooms when she's off the clock.

According to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports, the league is trying to figure out exactly what happened ... though so far, House has reportedly denied any wrongdoing.

House -- an important role player for H-Town -- missed Game 3 against the Lakers on Tuesday due to "personal reasons."

Now, there's a question if the investigation played a role in his absence.

If House is forced to undergo a mandatory 10-day quarantine over the incident, he would miss the remainder of the playoff series against the Lakers, which is a big deal.

The Lakers are up 2-1 in the best of 7 series. Game 4 is set for Thursday.

House is averaging 11.4 points and nearly 6 rebounds per game during the playoffs ... he's an important member of the Rockets.

According to Haynes, several other NBA teams are keeping a close on eye on the House investigation to see how it all plays out.

Several hoopers have broken the bubble rules since hitting the campus in July ... including Sacramento Kings player Richaun Holmes, who left the perimeter to pick up chicken wings.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/10/nba-danuel-house-allegedly-brought-female-covid-tester-to-bubble-room-houston-rockets/

Report: Alleged Danuel House incident believed to be far from isolated

The NBA is reportedly investigating whether Rockets forward Danuel House let a female coronavirus tester into his hotel room.

More details are emerging.

Both House and Tyson Chandler missed Houston’s Game 3 loss to the Lakers on Tuesday for what were called “personal reasons.”

Shams  and Sam Amick of The Athletic:

A female entered the Rockets’ team hotel on Monday night, passing multiple security checkpoints before being flagged for her entry, sources said. She exited the hotel in the early hours of Tuesday morning, and the league cited early data points that implicated two members of the Rockets, House and Tyson Chandler, sources said. When the female was questioned by NBA security, she did not implicate House’s name and it is uncertain whether she remains on campus, sources said. She claimed to have contact with Chandler and another player, not named House, according to sources.

Those sources said there appears to be no video connecting House and the female; only the flagging of her entering and leaving the hotel, and the possibility of a door opening and closing to match those timelines. The NBA has informed involved parties that it has circumstantial evidence implicating House.

The league’s investigation cleared Chandler and focused toward House on Wednesday, sources said.

What’s more, there is a growing sense among team executives that this is far from an isolated incident.

Widespread violations of bubble protocols would be a HUGE development.

Both owners and players have a lot of money at stake in this resumption. It works only if the league prevents a coronavirus outbreak, which is why these restrictions were put into place.

After weekly announcements, the NBA has gone more than three weeks since its last update on coronavirus testing in the bubble.

Even with just this incident, there’s plenty to sort out. How did House get implicated if there’s no video of him and the woman didn’t name him? How did Chandler get cleared?

There are many unanswered questions from the outside. It’s also unclear how many answers the league has right now.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/09/10/report-alleged-danuel-house-incident-believed-to-be-far-from-isolated/

I hope this is a case of the COVID testers creating a prostitution ring to exploit millionaire athletes stuck in their hotel rooms. But maybe my imagination is running wild, my guess is this gets swept under the rug, maybe this House character gets a slap on the wrist.

2 hours ago, BoKnows said:

People are rippinfmg on siakam, first year of being the primary dci

ofeet he should be proud

I hate to rag in Siakam, but he’s been absolutely terrible since entering the bubble. It’s like he’s a different person.

I understand why people would give him a ton of criticism. He signed a max contract, and people expect him to perform, which he didn’t. He didn’t need to carry the Raptors, but I expect him to at least give them 20-25 points a night and shoot above 45%. 

On 9/3/2020 at 9:14 AM, 24K PureCool said:

Lol does Nash even have coaching experience at any level?

He has done a good job with GSW. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a Kerr 2.0, starting off with Durant and Uncle Drew is a pretty good &^@#ing start.

He'll be fine, had a feeling he would be a coach someday, was always good at making everyone else look better than they actually were lol.

On 9/10/2020 at 12:20 PM, Toews said:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/10/nba-danuel-house-allegedly-brought-female-covid-tester-to-bubble-room-houston-rockets/

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/09/10/report-alleged-danuel-house-incident-believed-to-be-far-from-isolated/

I hope this is a case of the COVID testers creating a prostitution ring to exploit millionaire athletes stuck in their hotel rooms. But maybe my imagination is running wild, my guess is this gets swept under the rug, maybe this House character gets a slap on the wrist.

CP3 snitched. Kidding of course.

Bro has a girl and a family. RIP to that