The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

Rate this topic

BoKnows

4 hours ago, BoKnows said:

Westbrook and Beal...  Good enough for a first/second round exit

Harden, Wall, and Cousins.  If Cousins gets back into his SAC form, and Wall stays healthy this is a scary team.  That's a tall order though.

Coming off of major achilles and acl injuries, he's lucky if he's even 50% of his old self

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 hours ago, BoKnows said:

Westbrook and Beal...  Good enough for a first/second round exit

Harden, Wall, and Cousins.  If Cousins gets back into his SAC form, and Wall stays healthy this is a scary team.  That's a tall order though.

Even from his time in GSW you could tell he wasn't the same player.  He went from 25 ppg to 16, which is his second lowest of his career (only higher than his rookie season).  If he can retain some hops and spot up for 3's like Brook Lopez or Marc Gasol (in a bench/ marginal starter role for Boogie) I think Houston should consider it a win.  Boogie and Wall is just two major bust risks.  They had better hope to get a boatload for Harden to restock the roster (Wood, Gordon and Tucker are solid but the backcourt could look bad in a hurry, depending on who's coming back for Harden, and how well Wall plays).

8 hours ago, Van40 said:

Coming off of major achilles and acl injuries, he's lucky if he's even 50% of his old self

I miss when Boogie was so dominate.

7 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Even from his time in GSW you could tell he wasn't the same player.  He went from 25 ppg to 16, which is his second lowest of his career (only higher than his rookie season).  If he can retain some hops and spot up for 3's like Brook Lopez or Marc Gasol (in a bench/ marginal starter role for Boogie) I think Houston should consider it a win.  Boogie and Wall is just two major bust risks.  They had better hope to get a boatload for Harden to restock the roster (Wood, Gordon and Tucker are solid but the backcourt could look bad in a hurry, depending on who's coming back for Harden, and how well Wall plays).

100% agree with this take.  If Wall gets injured again is Harden and the shell of Boogie enough to sneak into the playoffs?

• 2 weeks later...

Positively surprised by how well guys like Steph, Wall, Boogie and Durant have played so far post-injury.  Hopefully not many get injured because with how stacked things are it's going to make for some entertaining basketball.

Also shout out to the Raptors, didn't know that they signed a Japanese player in Yuta Watanabe, pretty cool to see them not afraid to go international to unearth talents.

Brooklyn Nets made a statement tonight, Kyrie and KD combining for 48 and easily handling the Warriors.  Wonder if they could be tops in the East?  Between them, the Bucks, 76ers (if the Harden - Simmons trade stuff comes to fruition watch out) and probably Miami that could be quite the dogfight (depends on how you view the Wizards too with Westbrook/ Beal/ Bertans). 

5 hours ago, BoKnows said:

I'm having reoccurring thoughts that the Toronto Raptors remains permanent.  Won't happen but if it did I'd resent the NBA until I die.

image.jpeg.d5fb18c5b4dda14dd474c7c015286e55.jpeg

• Cheers 4

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, shiznak said:

Raps are 2-8 after another loss tonight. In those 8 losses, 6 of them they led by double digits going into the 4th quarter.

They sorely miss Gasol and Ibaka. 

Could potentially see a rebuild. Raps have enough young pieces that it probably could maybe be a quick one.

Raps could get a loooooooooot for Lowry.

• Cheers 1