The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

18 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Brooklyn takes the series vs Boston. Portland and Denver tonight. Game 5 going on as well between Lakers and Suns. Need to find a way to win this one without AD

Who you got in the upcoming Bucks/Nets series? 

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

James loses, and he walks off the court without any handshakes with his opponents.  So glad he’s done.  

There's pictures of him and Booker after the game and other Suns players as well. 

There's a certain demographic that loves to critique on anything related to 23 and it's very interesting

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

James loses, and he walks off the court without any handshakes with his opponents.  So glad he’s done.  

Lol not a Lebron fan but LBJ hate is wack. Dude is a top 3 player of all-time. Appreciate the greatness.

A lot of people going to be sad when he retires. Who are they going to cry about and hate on when he’s gone?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Yeah the guy who built himself from the hood is an entitled brat

At this point, it doesn't matter where he's from, as much as how he acts now. Walking off the court before the game is over and not congratulating the other team is the action of an entitled brat. There have been hundreds of other NBA players who've come from as meager beginnings as James who would never have done that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

At this point, it doesn't matter where he's from, as much as how he acts now. Walking off the court before the game is over and not congratulating the other team is the action of an entitled brat. There have been hundreds of other NBA players who've come from as meager beginnings as James who would never have done that.

He congratulated them after the game lol. Everyone in the NBA are friends. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It happens all the time. Plus Cp3 is one of his closest friends. The Suns president James Jones is also really close to him. 

The whole performative handshake thing isn't that important. These players all mingle in the back. 

But I get your pov. Doesn't surprise me that a nhl fan is so stuck on "class" 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Van40 said:

It happens all the time. Plus Cp3 is one of his closest friends. The Suns president James Jones is also really close to him. 

Players walk off the court before the game is finished because they didn't win. 

The whole performative handshake thing isn't that important.

According to you. According to a lot of actual athletes it's quite meaningful.

But I get your pov. Doesn't surprise me that a nhl fan is so stuck on "class" 

Aw, good one. Stuck on class. Simplification of the situation. And an easy way to excuse poor behavior. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Van40 said:

There's pictures of him and Booker after the game and other Suns players as well. 

There's a certain demographic that loves to critique on anything related to 23 and it's very interesting

Don't think it's a demographic thing.  Unless you mean old people don't cheer for him, because they prefer guys from earlier times?   I cheered for him when he was younger, but have soured on him recently.  

18 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Lol not a Lebron fan but LBJ hate is wack. Dude is a top 3 player of all-time. Appreciate the greatness.

A lot of people going to be sad when he retires. Who are they going to cry about and hate on when he’s gone?

Don't hate the guy.  Don't know him.  Was this exchange done on the court, or after LBJ had time to cool off from an embarrassing (first time in round one) loss?  Why didn't LBJ show respect to his opponent's victory on the court?  Maybe it's the hockey handshake thing that the NBA just doesn't do?

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don't hate the guy.  Don't know him.  Was this exchange done on the court, or after LBJ had time to cool off from an embarrassing (first time in round one) loss?  Why didn't LBJ show respect to his opponent's victory on the court?  Maybe it's the hockey handshake thing that the NBA just doesn't do?

That's the funny thing. The word hate...it's hilarious.

I don't hate Lebron James at all. In order to hate someone, I believe you actually have to have known them or had a meaningful personal interaction to truly hate someone. It seems nowadays that having a negative opinion on the behavior of an individual is met with this mentality that it's hate.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

NBA doesn’t have that formal handshake lineup where everyone lines up. You already know that Alf.

A 7th seed losing to a 2 seed is embarrassing?

I don’t think shaking hands off the court is brat behaviour or as deep as some of you are making it to be.