The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That's the funny thing. The word hate...it's hilarious.

I don't hate Lebron James at all. In order to hate someone, I believe you actually have to have known them or had a meaningful personal interaction to truly hate someone. It seems nowadays that having a negative opinion on the behavior of an individual is met with this mentality that it's hate.  

Absolutely.  And that feeling we have for the people we don't know, but who we cheer for (in whatever way) is - of course - affected by our personal bias.  For myself I figure the more popular a person is the more likely they would be to have any negative things plastered on the news.  Yet, we rarely, if ever, read anything negative about him.  

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

NBA doesn’t have that formal handshake lineup where everyone lines up. You already know that Alf.

A 7th seed losing to a 2 seed is embarrassing?

I don’t think shaking hands off the court is brat behavior or as deep as some of you are making it to be.

LBJ seems a good guy, but even good guys make mistakes.  Glad to see him try to make up for his poor sportsmanship with a (all be it a bit late) congratulation to his competitor.  

I am also not an LBJ fan....but I also do not hate him.

What I can't understand is why people think you have to like someone (or at least respect them) just because they're great players....:unsure:

Brad Marchand is a great player...Ty Cobb was a great player....

• RoughGame 1

35 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I am also not an LBJ fan....but I also do not hate him.

What I can't understand is why people think you have to like someone (or at least respect them) just because they're great players....:unsure:

Brad Marchand is a great player...Ty Cobb was a great player....

Oj Simpson Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

LBJ seems a good guy, but even good guys make mistakes.  Glad to see him try to make up for his poor sportsmanship with a (all be it a bit late) congratulation to his competitor.  

The argument in thread rn sounds like a very casual take.

If people really wanted to call Lebron out for sportsmanship it should of been when he walked off with 5 minutes to go last game.

Not because he shakes hands off the court. 

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

The argument in thread rn sounds like a very casual take.

If people really wanted to call Lebron out for sportsmanship it should of been when he walked off with 5 minutes to go last game.

Not because he shakes hands off the court. 

Great player, and likely (with the amount of scrutiny he’s under, and never any negative things off the court coming up) a good person too.  

Edited by Alflives

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nobody said that.

I can appreciate and recognize that Marchand is good hockey player. That doesn't mean I have to like him or respect him. 

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Nobody said that.

I can appreciate and recognize that Marchand is good hockey player. That doesn't mean I have to like him or respect him. 

Sorry....this statement seemed to suggest otherwise:

Dude is a top 3 player of all-time. Appreciate the greatness.

• RoughGame 1

On 6/2/2021 at 2:13 PM, Mj2345 said:

Who you got in the upcoming Bucks/Nets series? 

I want Bucks to win but it’s probably Nets that’s gonna come out on top. Bucks may win a game or two but Nets are too good. Plus they have a clean route to the Finals now with Lakers gone. Rooting for Suns to win it now. Fk Brooklyn lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Van40 said:

Kawhi went for a career high 45 to help force a game 7. Board man was on fire tonight!

Strange series, especially for the NBA.  Visiting team has won every game.  I think Kawhi leads the Clippers to the game seven win tough.