The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

14 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

He almost did that, just sent the game to overtime on a deep 2 that he wished was a 3

Just goes to show that the phrase "game of inches" applies to all sports....if KD's feet were an inch further back, the Nets are moving on....

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, BoKnows said:

That Bucks-Nets game was wild.  Harden did nothing for the last 10 minutes

To me that was the real difference. In the late stages of the game, all the talk was how Durant would be getting the ball. No other option, even though Harden is a former MVP.

Just imagine if the Bucks had to draw up defensive scenarios for both KD and Harden....things might have been different.

Even Jordan had Pippen....

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

To me that was the real difference. In the late stages of the game, all the talk was how Durant would be getting the ball. No other option, even though Harden is a former MVP.

Just imagine if the Bucks had to draw up defensive scenarios for both KD and Harden....things might have been different.

Even Jordan had Pippen....

I don't understand why the Nets didn't get Harden involved.  That could of changed the results of the game

1 minute ago, BoKnows said:

I don't understand why the Nets didn't get Harden involved.  That could of changed the results of the game

I was watching hockey, so I was only able to watch short excerpts, but from what I saw, Harden wasn't on his game. I'd have to guess that the hamstring was more of an issue than the Nets were letting on...

Maybe they figured that 75% of James Harden is still better than 100% of whoever else they had available...

• Cheers 2

On 6/20/2021 at 11:02 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

I was watching hockey, so I was only able to watch short excerpts, but from what I saw, Harden wasn't on his game. I'd have to guess that the hamstring was more of an issue than the Nets were letting on...

Maybe they figured that 75% of James Harden is still better than 100% of whoever else they had available...

Harden was definitely playing hurt.  He couldn't make a 3 for crap and he's usually money with a decent look at a shot.  Plus he's a bit chubbier than his usual size, definitely did not help him play injured.  KD played unreal and is definitely the best player in the game currently.  If Kyrie didn't sprain his ankle, Harden wouldn't have had to play injured and I think they would've beaten the Bucks.  How many times did KD attack the paint only to dish off to an open Griffen for 3, and he's not even my 4th option for those plays but he was getting wide open look after wide open look.  With a healthy Harden or Kyrie receiving those passes, this series goes the other way.  Would like to see them run it back again next season but not sure what their cap situation is like.  Was pulling for the Nets as I'd like to see Nash win a ring (though I believe he did get rings for the GSW championships). 

Been rooting for the Suns since the beginning of playoffs.  They've been the most exciting team to watch and CP3 deserves a ring.  You can see D-Book learning from Paul, trying to get to the same mid-range spots as CP3 while managing the shot clock.  Plus Ayton has been a beast in the paint, I'm always waiting for his dunks/alley-oops.  They're going to be in tough against the Clippers though.  Don't think they can win it all without CP3, especially with George finding his playoff groove and playing lights out.  But the Suns just might be the strongest team left in the playoffs.  Can't wait for game 2!

• Cheers 2