The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

Excited to see the Raps jump into the top 4. We’re going to get a very good player in a very deep draft. Mitchell, Suggs, Green, Mavinga are all going to be available when we pick. They would all fit into our core and what we are trying to build. Lowry is going to be gone since he’s a FA and with VanVleet and Flynn on board so we’re set at PG. Siakam is a PF combo type of player. We also have Anunoby at SF. So it’s SG and C that are our glaring needs. With our pick, I feel that we will select Green

Edited by Beary Sweet

On 6/22/2021 at 9:07 PM, Mj2345 said:

Clippers are down 2-0 yet again after a wild last second winning hoop for Deandre Ayton

oh man what a game!  The alley-oop was the exact play I wanted to see on the possession before hand but instead they passed it around the 3pt line and settled for a tough corner 3 when all they needed was 2.  Suns executed the last play so perfectly that I originally thought that the ball went under the hoop and out.

Tight game from beginning to end and the role players for the Suns really stepped up.  CP3 should be back today for game 3 and that means trouble for the Clippers.  It was improbable that they'd come back 0-2 from the Mavs and that is more so against a full Suns roster.

These are the types of playoffs games we all hope for and it did not disappoint.  Excited for game 3, hopefully the Suns can win and put a strangle hold on the series.

• Cheers 1

TBH, I could be happy for any team that wins this year.....2 franchises that have never won and 2 franchises who won when the league was a shadow of what it is now....

I kind of want to cheer for the Suns, but I'm still grateful for what Kawhi did for the Raps....OTOH, I'd like to see Giannis rewarded for not jumping ship and forming a "super" team somewhere else....

I've got nothing against the Hawks (I can't really blame them for playing in Georgia ^_^) so I wouldn't be too upset if they knocked off the Bucks....

The important thing is that the Lakers are out....

• Cheers 1

A bit off topic with Nba semi finals heating up...but anyone else following team Canada basketball in their bid to finally qualify for the Olympics?

They have a 50/50 shot but unfortunately they are missing their big guns like Jamal Murray, Shai Gilgeous Alexander excused due to injury. 

I blame that coward Andrew Wiggins. He never plays for Canada when they need him. If they come up short yet again it will be a wasted golden opportunity. They have a talent pool good enough to compete for a bronze, if everybody was healthy and up for selection imo.

Edited by Chip Kelly

13 hours ago, shiznak said:

Kind of weird seeing Kawhi not on the bench supporting his team, like most guys who are injured. But then again it’s Kawhi, and he’s built different. 

Up in the suite with his family kind of strange to be in a suite and not on bench but as you said he’s different..doesn’t look like he’ll be back this year.

Saw an article today that suggested the Dubs might be targeting Pascal Siakam and offering up this year's 7th overall pick and last years 2nd overall pick, (7'-1" Center James Wiseman)....

Wiseman has knee surgery this season, so the Raps would have to do some due diligence, but I'd be interested if I was them....

• Thanks 1