The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

5 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

The Suns could build the Coyotes a new arena with all the bricks they just laid.

Has a team ever come back from 30 down at half?  Game 7 and down 30 at the half is unbelievable. Would make for a record comeback though.  

Edited by Alflives

Just now, Alflives said:

Has a team ever come back from 30 down at half?  Game 7 at home and down 30 at the half is unbelievable. Would make for a record comeback though.  

Suns aren’t coming back, but the Grizzlies came back from 26 in the 1st round.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Looks like a classic Embiid embellishment. I hate players that flop around just to try and get calls. So incredibly happy that Miami whupped the 76’ers.

I wonder if the NBA would ever consider implementing a penalty rule similar to the NHL where the offending team would lose a player for a period of time.  Maybe not 2 full minutes, but something to curb the ridiculous flailing and embellishments that we've seen.

It's turning into soccer 

3 hours ago, LesPaul81 said:

I wonder if the NBA would ever consider implementing a penalty rule similar to the NHL where the offending team would lose a player for a period of time.  Maybe not 2 full minutes, but something to curb the ridiculous flailing and embellishments that we've seen.

It's turning into soccer 

I doubt they’d do that, but I agree something needs to be done. I’ve got no issue with a player falling if he’s hit hard or tripped, but this Philly bs that refs hand the advantage to after a player being lightly touched has got to stop. It diminishes the game of basketball with wins basically by default.

5 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Looks like a classic Embiid embellishment. I hate players that flop around just to try and get calls. So incredibly happy that Miami whupped the 76’ers.

Cant hate the player, hate the game for allowing that. Surprisingly the refs did very well in yesterday’s game. No bull$&!# calls, no flops, etc.

3 hours ago, LesPaul81 said:

It's turning into soccer 

NHL is just as bad these days. Both NHL and NBA turning into Soccer.

7 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Cant hate the player, hate the game for allowing that. Surprisingly the refs did very well in yesterday’s game. No bull$&!# calls, no flops, etc.

NHL is just as bad these days. Both NHL and NBA turning into Soccer.

Even if it is the refs fault for allowing it and Embiid is using that to his advantage (which you’re absolutely right, it’s on the refs) I can still be critical of a player choosing to take advantage. You don’t see Dončić or Giannis or any of those elite players falling down with a slight breeze. He can choose not to fall down, that’s a choice he can make.

4 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

I doubt they’d do that, but I agree something needs to be done. I’ve got no issue with a player falling if he’s hit hard or tripped, but this Philly bs that refs hand the advantage to after a player being lightly touched has got to stop. It diminishes the game of basketball with wins basically by default.

I doubt it too.  But what deterrent it could be to get some class back in the game.  Stop all the whining and acting and just play ball.

• Cheers 1

This is a tough one for me. Never liked the Celts (unless they were playing the Lakers) and I agree that it would be nice to see Wiggins get a ring, but man it would be hard to cheer for any team with Draymond on it....

Wow. What a game 1 to start the finals.  You knew GSW we're going to come out blazing in the 3rd quarter but BOS kept it within reason to get into the 4th and then shut it down.  

17-0 run is ridiculous to close out the Dynasty Warriors in game 1, all without Tatum looking like his MVP self so far these playoffs.  

Brown kept the Celtics afloat all game until Al Horford heated up with White.  

They can't do that again this series.  Tatum and Smart need to show up as you know the Warriors won't let another game like this slip through their fingers.

Very exciting finals match up.  With 2 explosive teams, it's ironic that it will be a defensive battle as they're are both known to play strong defense as well.  I like both teams so happy to be watching some great games. Go sports! Lol

Also, rumours are NBA will expand to Seattle and Vegas.  Would you guys want the NBA back in Vancouver?  I know I sure would.

Edited by Petey Castiglione