The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

Canadian Bennedict  Mathurin dropped 32 points off the bench in the Pacers win over Steve Nash’s Brooklyn Nets last night, Nash called the loss a disaster..Nets have too much on court and off court drama

Edited by Mj2345
Spelled his name wrong

1 minute ago, Mj2345 said:

And his replacement is Ime Udoka, Nash is probably happy to get away from that circus in Brooklyn..

My thoughts as well.

This is based on nothing but personal opinion, but Steve strikes me more as a coach suited for a young, hungry group, rather than a bunch of highly talented veterans who have egos to match...

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

My thoughts as well.

This is based on nothing but personal opinion, but Steve strikes me more as a coach suited for a young, hungry group, rather than a bunch of highly talented veterans who have egos to match...

They finally freed our boy.  Nash will be back and he'll do better without KD's ego and Kyrie the nut case.  

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The Nets have fired Steve Nash:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article/nets-part-ways-with-head-coach-steve-nash-after-slow-start-to-season/

Not really a surprise, considering the slow start this season.....

So in the off season KD said he wouldn't play under Nash; then changes his mind?

OR did he? How did  that guy play so far; like he was still trying to get his coach fired?

If so, he should have been tossed out of the league for a season.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

So in the off season KD said he wouldn't play under Nash; then changes his mind?

OR did he? How did  that guy play so far; like he was still trying to get his coach fired?

If so, he should have been tossed out of the league for a season.

I think the Nets of the past couple of seasons are an excellent example of how you can't just throw a bunch of superstars together and expect them to dominate.

The formula seems to be a star forward, a star PG and a strong supporting cast.....and all of them need to be on the same page....

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Petey Castiglione said:

They finally freed our boy.  Nash will be back and he'll do better without KD's ego and Kyrie the nut case.  

Who would have thought Harden was the least problematic out of the 4 superstars in Brooklyn.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1