The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks pursing top Russian prospect!

Rocksterh8

WISHFUL thinking - do they actually speak to each other?

it all depends on bure and how the canucks ended their relationship with him...bure could be a either a huge factor in either landing the prospect or not landing the prospect. Keep your fingers crossed!.

I realize that it was Gillis who initially talked to Bure about the Ring of Honour and subsequent jersey retirement, but I thought the issues between Bure and the Canucks were buried the night of his number was retired and he brought his girls to Rogers Arena:

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/oGXeaWU1FEs.XI5xhtAnqw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTQyMTtweG9mZj01MDtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz03NDk-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/Sports/AP_NHL/201311021925699092065-p5.jpg

Yeah, saw this in the Trades Rumours and Signings sub-forum from Saturday.

Seems like he'd be a good, young piece to pick up, especially for free (not to mention he's right handed and we just lost Corrado and Clendening). Not so sure we'll be his first choice though, so I won't hold my breath.

If he is that highly touted and he is a good D, I would not be surprised if Ovi gives him a call. That club with a stud Russian defenceman = WOW

Washington has Carlson playing like a Norris candidate and Niskanen running the 2knd unit PP. At some stage soon they're going to integrate Maddison Bowey.

They are swimming in big shot RHD.

The Canucks are a team he could potentially jump right into a key role and make a big difference!

What's the point in Calgary persuing him? He'd never fit on their blueline unless they made that big trade with someone. I could see him be tempted by Edmonton though, unfortunately we don't really have any Russians to help bring him over. He'd look great next to Hutton or Sbisa on the bottom pairing though.

Archived