The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sbisa put on IR

Outsiders

1. Sbisa re-evaluated today/Hamhuis questionable, so if he can not play, Biega will play tonight for #Canucks per Desjardins on @TSN1040

3 retweets3 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

Sbisa out for awhile. He smashed his stick when he came off the ice following win in PHX, perhaps injury happened late in game.

9 retweets4 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

Willie Desjardins "not a day-to-day injury" will be longer on D Luca Sbisa, who is in a walking boot. #Canucks

2 retweets2 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

Coach Desjardins said Sbisa suffered an injury that is not day-to-day, "he'll be out longer than that" #Canucks

15 retweets22 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

Andersson, Clendenning, Bo Sang all let go in the off season or traded.

Kind of worried about our already questionable D, even more worried about what kind of possible knee jerk moves could be made by our management at the 11 game mark with Hammer and Sbisa down

Andersson, Clendenning, Bo Sang all let go in the off season or traded.

Kind of worried about our already questionable D, even more worried about what kind of possible knee jerk moves could be made by our management at the 11 game mark with Hammer and Sbisa down

I think (hope) the plan always was to trade some of our forward depth (particularly LW) for some good, young D. Preferably someone with a bit higher ceiling than Corrado.

We don't actually lack quantity of D-men. We DO lack quality though.

I think (hope) the plan always was to trade some of our forward depth (particularly LW) for some good, young D. Preferably someone with a bit higher ceiling than Corrado.

We don't actually lack quantity of D-men. We DO lack quality though.

Thus lies the question

Who IS expendable?  We are I think almost to a member on this forum in agreement, nobody from our youth group, leaving who?  The significant issue falls that while we actually don't have a plethora of top 4 D men, either NHL ready or projected prospects, we have even less qualified depth at forward to secure someone who could be considered such.

There could be significant addition by subtraction in the near future.  I just hope that Lindenning maintains the status quo and allows for the team to sink or swim based on what's available instead of making trades

Pretty clear now, especially with the yutes staying.  That being said, as expected this is probably the worst time of year for injuries so the extra bodies are coming in handy.

Benning commented in the off-season that they had essentially scoured the minors for other Clendening/Pedan/Vey types.  Sounds like Hamhuis is ready, but if he isn't it'd be interesting who else they bring up.  I think Fedun is probably next on the list, and not sure if they feel Pedan is ready yet, although he could come up as just the extra guy and not see any ice.

Woo hoo! It's all good news today :)

I actually snorted when I saw this. I typically would have said the same thing except I think Sbisa has been playing quite well lately (other than frequent bad deflections that end up scoring on us - which I attribute to bad luck more than anything).

Archived