The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask theminister Anything

theminister

also, i'd be interested to know what subject matter you studied in the aforementioned 'useless' course of study and in presumably more useful follow-up(s)

BSc Psychology. 

However, it wasn't the content of the course, it was the content of my character at the time, especially toward studying. I was there for fun, and family pressure, not because I knew what I wanted to study. I didn't have the life experience to know what I wanted  

17 year olds shouldn't make such large decisions. Frankly, until about 25 years of age, most human males are essentially hairless monkeys. Our frontal lobe has not developed enough to properly undertake such things. 

If you had to pick one of the original four Yu-Gi-Oh! structure decks, which would you pick? Yugi, Joey, Kaiba, or Pegasus?

Pictures for reference:

Dude, I'm of a generation to not have a single thought on the subject. 

But my favourite Transformer was Soundwave and my favourite GI Joe was Stormshadow. 

also, i'd be interested to know what subject matter you studied in the aforementioned 'useless' course of study and in presumably more useful follow-up(s)

Sorry, I missed your follow up question. 

Firstly, a young person should work in as many different jobs, in as many different industries, and many different roles, before they start thinking about careers. Most people, any way. The best learning is life and taking chances, trying new things. There is more to be learned outside of class than in it, and it's not even a close race. Learn WHAT to study before you decide to study. The world is the best textbook.

is he a trailer park boy?

if someone gains enough book learnin, he can have these censors go off in his brain and...you know these swirly things in your brain and you'll know what this goes there for all intensive purposes and... it's a blessing in the skies if you ask me. **** book learnin. i have no time for that. it's a doggy dog world and we should just spend our time getting drunk and stoned with our family and friends

Sorry, I missed your follow up question. 

Firstly, a young person should work in as many different jobs, in as many different industries, and many different roles, before they start thinking about careers. Most people, any way. The best learning is life and taking chances, trying new things. There is more to be learned outside of class than in it, and it's not even a close race. Learn WHAT to study before you decide to study. The world is the best textbook.

Sounds very similar to the path I've described in the 'jobs' discussion. I'd agree almost entirely with your worldview.

I was also asking specifically about how life worked for you after the Psychology turned up as a dead end.

Archived