The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Excuse me while I lament over fakeness

Mainly Mattias

I don't like drama/facades/scheming/secrets.  It's too exhausting to work around.  Why can't people just tell it like it is, do the work, mind their own business and stop expending so much energy on being multi-faced?

I just got back from a dinner with ex-coworkers and realized the ones I kept in touch with were all men at this particular job.  Dinner was easy, fun and real (completely different than the working experience of dealing with 97% women at the job).  Also, have you ever had a family where the culture was to keep secrets from each other?  Mine does.  Geez, transparency!  It's important in government and it's important in the home too!  Makes people suspicious and neurotic.

I can't relate because I was raised with values and never surrounded myself with those types of people. I don't use social media aside from this site, and I don't seek recognition from others.

I don't worry about my looks. I know who I am and I live with it.

These are things that are taught. Too many children enter adolescense with little to no education (primary school is a wash) and expected to live within society. The fact that they are not seasoned for life means they start running of primal instint, an almost infantile mindset, requiring constant attention and approval.

A study was done by a mother who counted 23 times over the course of a couple hours, her children had a question, wanted attention, or otherwise called for their mother. 23 times. It's a primal instinct many people never learned was even there.

So now we have an age of instant self gratification. Whichever outlet it may be. It's a growing pandemic that sees confidence, trust, and overall sociability out the door.

I can't understand my generation's constant need for "beef". Whatever that is.

I also can't understand my generation's constant need for sex or sexual approval. It's as if our entire social hierarchy is based on this premise. I mean, I used to be ashamed of being a virgin, but I brought myself in over it. I stopped caring and it made me happier. And when I finally lost it, I didn't really care. It's a great thing to share with somebody you love, but I can't understand any other need.

If people just accepted who they were and didn't put so much effort into their outer image, society would be a lot SMARTER. And I empasize that because without all this incessant need of a approval, people could actually focus on the foundations of life. Honesty, Loyalty and Respect. Except I can hardly use the word loyal because it has been relegated down by the very people who believe it's OK to have a "side chick". Loyalty my ass. I digress.

I mentioned I try not to surround myself with these people, but they are so common, I find it harder and harder every day.

I can't relate because I was raised with values and never surrounded myself with those types of people. I don't use social media aside from this site, and I don't seek recognition from others.

These are things that are taught. Too many children enter adolescense with little to no education (primary school is a wash) and expected to live within society. The fact that they are not seasoned for life means they start running of primal instint, an almost infantile mindset, requiring constant attention and approval.

A study was done by a mother who counted 23 times over the course of a couple hours, her children had a question, wanted attention, or otherwise called for their mother. 23 times. It's a primal instinct many people never learned was even there.

So now we have an age of instant self gratification. Whichever outlet it may be. It's a growing pandemic that sees confidence, trust, and overall sociability out the door.

I also can't understand my generation's constant need for sex or sexual approval. It's as if our entire social hierarchy is based on this premise. I mean, I used to be ashamed of being a virgin, but I brought myself in over it. I stopped caring and it made me happier. And when I finally lost it, I didn't really care. It's a great thing to share with somebody you love, but I can't understand any other need.

If people just accepted who they were and didn't put so much effort into their outer image, society would be a lot SMARTER. And I empasize that because without all this incessant need of a approval, people could actually focus on the foundations of life. Honesty, Loyalty and Respect. Except I can hardly use the word loyal because it has been relegated down by the very people who believe it's OK to have a "side chick". Loyalty my ass. I digress.

I mentioned I try not to surround myself with these people, but they are so common, I find it harder and harder every day.

that edginess is world class

don't get it.  You are surrounded, so accept it.  We are everywhere - wanting, needing our gratification.  We feed on you too; you just don't realize it YET.  You will though.  All succumb.

Archived